Normal Island

27 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t be like that.

Its not my particular cup of tea but I have to admit that it’s an incredible showpiece.

Cant really understand all the bile and hatred posted by some people but, hey, that’s their right.

Must say, I had a little tear come to my eye.

Makes me very happy to be British.

AC897EFA-A25A-4AA3-9266-D81089AD90B2.jpeg

I wouldn't queue to see my own family member's coffin, never mind some insanely rich old woman I never met. Proper creeps who get turned on by death and mourning.

Sky Sports even showing the funeral and they cut away from live NFL last night to show the Minute Silence 🫣

It doesn't matter if you don't give a f**k and try to avoid the incessant coverage; they'll ram it down your throat anyway.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The incredible (but not particularly surprising) thing about Lindsay Hoyle yesterday is not one person challenging it. 

They’ve let a lot of rubbish slide over the past fortnight but surely to f**k someone could’ve pulled him up on ‘the most important event the world has ever seen’ surely!!!

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

The Americans will be fizzing. 

All that time and effort to put a man on the moon and now they have been beaten by this.

The Chicxulub impact killed off two thirds of the world's plant and animal life, but this funeral is "the most important event the world has ever seen".

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

"Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, hers was the most reptile."

It will be an annual silence type thing from now on I think, with the requisite armbands and minutes silence before games (at least in England, maybe not so much up here where they could go with the applause shite instead).

I wouldn’t be surprised if they continued singing GSTK before games down south similar to some sports in USA.

Edited by Dunfermline Don

Not sure if it's one for this thread or the Axe the Monarchy thread. But is this really the turnout for the big screen of it in Edinburgh? I didn't think it would be busy. But I thought they might manage a bigger crowd than a Saturday morning amateur game.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Not sure if it's one for this thread or the Axe the Monarchy thread. But is this really the turnout for the big screen of it in Edinburgh? I didn't think it would be busy. But I thought they might manage a bigger crowd than a Saturday morning amateur game.

They showed people at various public places a few minutes ago and Edinburgh had a lot more people than that.

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Just passed through the living room and this is on.

Serious question, is there an actual tune coming from that organ or is it just random sombre notes? It's an absolute rabble.

I’m not watching it but from the description I’m guessing it was something by George Friedrich Handel a German composer who was so shit he was made British by act of parliament