Normal Island

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Do people care about King Chico as much as they did with Elizabeth?

It seems the Queen was at least a decent egg in a family of complete wrong’uns and deviants.

Big chuck knew

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/14/friendship-with-prince-charles-made-paedophile-bishop-peter-ball-impregnable

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Do people care about King Chico as much as they did with Elizabeth?

It seems the Queen was at least a decent egg in a family of complete wrong’uns and deviants.

Hmmm, was she though? There's been some great PR on her part.

16 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I think it’s also very much a generational thing. 
My parents (also regular Kirk attendees) are gripping by all the coverage and watching most of it.

I asked my youngest son (15) if it was discussed by his friends at school and he said ‘not really’ they were more interested in the fact that they are getting Monday off school and see royalty as an outdated irrelevance. 

I used to be somewhere in between the two, but am becoming increasingly republican in my own outlook. 

I also think the reason that many lined the route last week was more a sense of witnessing a bit of history. We have never seen a Monarch die in Scotland in almost 400 years and probably never will again. 

Och, I'm sure that could be arranged...

16 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Every time I see the “70 years of service” line, I’m tempted to add the word “profitable”.

She spent 70 profitable years lining her pockets in ways no previous monarch even dreamed of. The royals had a relatively modest private fortune under her father. She amassed for her clan (and this is guesswork because the true numbers are concealed) hundreds of millions of pounds via dodgy deals, dodgier tax arrangements, and successive compliant governments making sure she was always exempt from or had loopholes through legislation touching finance.

She was a fucking spiv. Her sense of duty was always primarily to her family’s coffers.

Her 'service' involved travelling around the world in the utmost luxury, staying in the utmost luxury, eating in the utmost luxury and shaking a few hands. Yet loads of folk think that it was some sort of self sacrificing, noble, hard work she did.

22 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Every time I see the “70 years of service” line, I’m tempted to add the word “profitable”.

She spent 70 profitable years lining her pockets in ways no previous monarch even dreamed of. The royals had a relatively modest private fortune under her father. She amassed for her clan (and this is guesswork because the true numbers are concealed) hundreds of millions of pounds via dodgy deals, dodgier tax arrangements, and successive compliant governments making sure she was always exempt from or had loopholes through legislation touching finance.

She was a fucking spiv. Her sense of duty was always primarily to her family’s coffers.

Thought you were talking about Maw Kardashian for a moment there.

30 minutes ago, Antlion said:

In fairness having a paedo son can be costly.  Better to have a few quid behind you.

Has anymore made more for doing less?

Even drug cartels have the constant threat of the law or rivals.

The Queen despite being credited with "working" literally could not fall off.

Impervious to the law, protected in all ways by the state, money flowing in regardless of.... Well anything really.

Theres never been a racket like that.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Has anymore made more for doing less?

Even drug cartels have the constant threat of the law or rivals.

The Queen despite being credited with "working" literally could not fall off.

Impervious to the law, protected in all ways by the state, money flowing in regardless of.... Well anything really.

Theres never been a racket like that.

Been saying this for years. The monarchy is the biggest con job going in the UK (and that’s saying something). Whilst the aristocracy was losing ground, losing their palaces, and losing their money, the government and top tier of the aristos somehow convinced a gullible public that they, the royals, are integral to society.

Witness the number of reprobates who genuinely have been brainwashed into believing that blue-bloods are part of their “identity”; that the plethora of pointless, made-up “duties” are of vital national importance; that despite not having a clue what the monarch thought about anything, she was simply wise and good. You even routinely see these thick c***s claiming she was “worth every penny”, in the same way cultists will defend their leader to the death.

The biggest confidence trick these dirty b*****ds have ever pulled is convincing folk that they’re necessary, benevolent, and think just like them.