Normal Island

I wonder how wild you'd have to get for people to actively disrespect a minute's silence en masse.
You'd imagine an impromptu announcement that we'd be honouring Hitler or Thatcher would go down like a lead balloon in most of Scotland, but what if you were asked to take a minute to remember Peter Tobin? I reckon most folk who remembered the name would keep schtum just in case there was a Peter Tobin who raised funds for the club by knitting socks for kittens.
There's probably money for somebody willing to turn this into a study, [mention=70481]LeodhasXD[/mention]
I called a company once for technical advice and their technical manager was called Peter Tobin. It was shortly after the girl's body had been discovered below the church floorboards and I got the impression he was fed up on people commenting on his name. Seemed a decent bloke but I'm not convinced by a minute's silence.

10 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

In Australia, NRLW player Caitlin Moran has been suspended for one game and fined 25% of her salary (suspended) after comments posted about the Queen.

She is of indigenous heritage and posted about her people not being treated very well

The post has been deleted but was:

“Todays a good fkn day, uncle Luke announces his tour, and this dumb dog dies Happpy fkn Friday,”

She deserves the fine for the atrocious fkn grammar.

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

I've been dragged into work tonight so will be crashing out at about 8 am tomorrow. I will have a gloriously peaceful sleep missing the whole fucking thing. 

I'll be wide awake tomorrow and will also miss the whole thing.

Kick off's at 3am my time (yes, I'd to look it up) and as I'm on the late shift, I won't be getting up.

ETA: It being on in the middle of the night and me being on the late shift are of course, just 2 of the many reasons why I won't be one of the 17 billion who are apparently going to watch it live.

Edited by Shotgun

46 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The fine is actually 25% of her entire contract not a week or a months salary.

Its causing a stir down under because there have been male palyers convicted of assualt and rape who have received less punishment

As the majority of the country doesn’t know what NRL or any form of rugby is there really wasn’t much stirring happening. NRL statement https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/13/nrl-statement-on-caitlin-moran/

The Breach Notice proposes a fine equivalent to 25% of her current NRLW contract, wholly suspended, provided she fulfils a number of conditions. The Breach Notice also proposes a one match suspension in the NRL Women’s Premiership Competition. The fine will be suspended for a period of 12 months to be payable immediately should the Code be further breached in that period.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That woman who confused queueing to see the Queen in a box in Edinburgh (going around 7 times) with Alton Towers has now travelled to London to do it all over again.

Woman who viewed Queen's coffin seven times in Edinburgh travels to London to pay final respects (msn.com)

Mental behaviour.

Surely at some point someone who knows her should be sitting her down and have a wee chat? 

The incredible (but not particularly surprising) thing about Lindsay Hoyle yesterday is not one person challenging it. 

They’ve let a lot of rubbish slide over the past fortnight but surely to f**k someone could’ve pulled him up on ‘the most important event the world has ever seen’ surely!!!

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The incredible (but not particularly surprising) thing about Lindsay Hoyle yesterday is not one person challenging it. 

They’ve let a lot of rubbish slide over the past fortnight but surely to f**k someone could’ve pulled him up on ‘the most important event the world has ever seen’ surely!!!

The Americans will be fizzing. 

All that time and effort to put a man on the moon and now they have been beaten by this.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

f**k knows what he sings about his football team.

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Surely at some point someone who knows her should be sitting her down and have a wee chat? 

They're probably delighted to have her out the fucking way to be honest

Do people care about King Chico as much as they did with Elizabeth?
It seems the Queen was at least a decent egg in a family of complete wrong’uns and deviants.
There was a Tweet going around last week showing survey results over recent months to the question, "Will Prince Charles make a good Monarch?"

'Yes' was pretty much constant around the mid 30s% mark. The most recent survey, carried out after the Queen died, had it at 62%.