Normal Island

22 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Was just on the bus and they stopped for the minutes silence at 8pm while cars were just going past :lol: 

I'd no idea there was another one of those today. Nipped down to Tesco for a few things and discovered signs STRONGLY ADVISING that everyone stop their shopping and stand quietly at 8pm. Fastest I've ever shopped in my life; really didn't fancy being in the store when every c**t suddenly stood stock still like The Happening.

Will this shit finally be finished tomorrow? Like, actually, properly finished?

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'd no idea there was another one of those today. Nipped down to Tesco for a few things and discovered signs STRONGLY ADVISING that everyone stop their shopping and stand quietly at 8pm. Fastest I've ever shopped in my life; really didn't fancy being in the store when every c**t suddenly stood stock still like The Happening.

Will this shit finally be finished tomorrow? Like, actually, properly finished?

Hopefully it will gradually dial down after we are all back at work on Tuesday.

I can however see Rangers shamelessly milking this from now until the start of Poppyfest. They haven’t done a minutes  applause yet, and I can see them trying to get a minor royal up to Ibrox to do a speech or a half time draw.

The minutes applause seemed to go fine at Fir Park.. I didn’t join in and I could see others with there hands by their side too. I think I was expecting a bit of dissent but didn’t see or hear anything. 

I'm weirdly stuck in Dunbar between football and heading down to Luton Airport to go on holiday, and spotted a Turkish barbers open when nothing much else was. Thought a trim might be cool but not sure I needed one so asked them if they were open tomorrow. The guy said no, but I'm sure he thought I was some local right wing vigilante. I'll check tomorrow.

Was just on the bus and they stopped for the minutes silence at 8pm while cars were just going past [emoji38] 
Aye we got a briefing the other day saying if we were stopped at a station we could choose to wait at 20:00 for a minute. Pretty gutted I wasn't working tonight at that time as I'd have taken full power quite happily.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm weirdly stuck in Dunbar between football and heading down to Luton Airport to go on holiday, and spotted a Turkish barbers open when nothing much else was. Thought a trim might be cool but not sure I needed one so asked them if they were open tomorrow. The guy said no, but I'm sure he thought I was some local right wing vigilante. I'll check tomorrow.

There's a takeaway in Alloa that I firmly believe will still be open even if the rest of the town is destroyed in a nuclear blast. I'll be swinging by tomorrow to reward them with my custom if it turns out they're as ballsy as I believe them to be.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's a takeaway in Alloa that I firmly believe will still be open even if the rest of the town is destroyed in a nuclear blast. I'll be swinging by tomorrow to reward them with my custom if it turns out they're as ballsy as I believe them to be.

Pics or gtf

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

All kicking off over on mumsnet…

To be completely fair to them, a good proportion of the Mums on that thread don’t give a shit:

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/the_royal_family/4636448-what-is-okay-on-the-day-of-the-funeral

Which isn’t out of the ordinary. The Mums at Mumsnet have always been great craic and P&B has always held them in good stead. 

😬

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Pics or gtf

After what happened to that lunatic in Muir of Ord, I wouldn't want to out them! Great bunch of lads.

I will provide a pic of my steaming kebab, however.

27 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

To be completely fair to them, a good proportion of the Mums on that thread don’t give a shit:

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/the_royal_family/4636448-what-is-okay-on-the-day-of-the-funeral

Which isn’t out of the ordinary. The Mums at Mumsnet have always been great craic and P&B has always held them in good stead. 

😬

If I was allowed to I would have suggested hanging blacks on the the line would be ok, but only if they were Goths and thus a cultural necessity.

Edited by welshbairn

In Australia, NRLW player Caitlin Moran has been suspended for one game and fined 25% of her salary (suspended) after comments posted about the Queen.

She is of indigenous heritage and posted about her people not being treated very well

The post has been deleted but was:

“Todays a good fkn day, uncle Luke announces his tour, and this dumb dog dies Happpy fkn Friday,”