Normal Island

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

No word of a lie - if my life was so unbearably pathetic that I queued 30 hours to see a wooden box with a dead old woman inside that I didn't know, I would jump off the Kincardine Bridge.

Should have had a public cremation with open invitations for suttee.

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

No word of a lie - if my life was so unbearably pathetic that I queued 30 hours to see a wooden box with a dead old woman inside that I didn't know, I would jump off the Kincardine Bridge.

I’m avoiding terrestrial TV which is quite easy but it’s difficult to avoid some of the snippets on the news websites when pursuing them.  The comments from some of the forelock tuggers are vomit inducing.

Edited by Granny Danger

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

not even one of the good bridges

54 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The starting gun has just went off and he's already took the lead in the met commissioner bauble chasing egg and spoon race. Thankfully I'm now in Thailand and the only thing at halfmast will be the Ladyboys knickers.

Edited by dirty dingus

I think the Just Stop Oil lot are missing a trick here. Instead of fannying around with small gimmicks cable like tying yourselves to goalposts or gluing yourself paintings, go big and glue yourself to the Queens coffin, that would be some laugh.

Definitely get decent exposure to your protests. Downsides are you might get shot.

Just now, K77 said:

I think the Just Stop Oil lot are missing a trick here. Instead of fannying around with small gimmicks cable like tying yourselves to goalposts or gluing yourself paintings, go big and glue yourself to the Queens coffin, that would be some laugh.

Definitely get decent exposure to your protests. Downsides are you might get shot.

Probably smell a bit grim by now too.

1 minute ago, K77 said:

The queue's long, it might be taking them a while to get there.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Thought she was vacuum packed?

Is it not an inner coffin within hermetically sealed lead box within a wooden outer decoration. Kind of like the Russian doll of coffins or the worlds shittest pass the parcel.

Is she likely to be inside it or is it just an empty box? Do undertakers normally keep dead bodies in refrigerated rooms or is embalming enough to keep them for a week or so? I've noticed a few times the BBC referring to the queen's coffin rather than the queen.

23 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Thought she was vacuum packed?

Is it not an inner coffin within hermetically sealed lead box within a wooden outer decoration. Kind of like the Russian doll of coffins or the worlds shittest pass the parcel.

I hate Russian dolls

they’re just so full of themselves 

28 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
37 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Is she likely to be inside it or is it just an empty box? Do undertakers normally keep dead bodies in refrigerated rooms or is embalming enough to keep them for a week or so? I've noticed a few times the BBC referring to the queen's coffin rather than the queen.

Get Noel Edmonds in to open it.