Normal Island

1 hour ago, Judy Murray said:

AC3991F0-87F8-43CF-BB9F-AB746E9D2A35.thumb.jpeg.1407c9de45928f53b338327da4b098d5.jpeg

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Fucking hell, imagine being like that. Imagine this person being told that such a reaction is all very normal instead of getting them some desperately needed psychiatric help.

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I see Center Parcs u-turn from yesterday included telling guest they must stay inside for all of Monday.

They have since said that was a poorly worded statement and should have just said facilities would be closed but people would be allowed outside.

Its always amazing to see such large, well-established organisations make such a mess of these situations.

Like a prison camp for the middle class. Deserve what they get imo 

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

And if I'd done that you'd be right. I've joked before about the 'DPRS' but what we've seen, instead, is a deeply traditional part of the UK which is hugely for the status quo and that goes from top to the bottom:

*Nippy endorsing "One kingdom, one monarch, one Protestant faith"
*Angus Robertson - despite being a pompous blether and a man who can't organise a census - affirming Scotland's commitment to monarchy
* Oor own @Leith Greenemphasising the crucial role of Scotland's Claim of Right.  The 1689 'gateway act' to the merger of the kingdoms of Scotland and England to form the new kingdom of Great Britain.
* The people of Scotland turning up in vast numbers to honour the person of the monarch and the role of monarchy.

Britain needs constitutional change and the reign of Charles III (or Charles the Last as I'd prefer) should focus on a decent handover from a constitutional monarchy to a democratically elected Head of State with attendant changes to our upper chamber and the establishment of a written British constitution.  His job should be to stop Wills inheriting the family firm.

I can see I am out of step with senior Scottish politicians and, indeed, with the visible Scottish public in this.  The overwhelming view is 'no change'.

So my avatar - half of the Royal Standard of Scotland - is an aide-mémoire of Scotland's reluctance to change and as a reminder that not only will our monarch be buried on Monday but so will - symbolically - the aspirations of Scotland's partitionist movement.

Thanks for your contribution but as I’m in Edinburgh I don’t actually need you to tell me what’s happening

Should I wish to know more about potholes in Aylesbury I’ll be in touch

Just now, The Skelpit Lug said:

The greatest thing that ever happened is happening now? If it's happening now it hasn't happened. And I think you'll find that far from the queue being a triumph of Britishness it's a triumph of idiocy over reason and rationality.

Yeah, that's why it's on the Normal Island thread m8.

The greatest thing that ever happened is happening now? If it's happening now it hasn't happened. And I think you'll find that far from the queue being a triumph of Britishness it's a triumph of idiocy over reason and rationality.
If you read the guy's thread, that's his point. He's commenting on the absurdity of it.

Thought just hit me there - what will babestation do on monday to commemorate the queen?

- just not air. Booooooring

- have the girls in skimpy union fleg themed lingerie or just air as normal. Meh.

- have the girls writhing about with a framed photo of the queen in the background with a soft techno remix of god save the queen playing. PLEASE THIS ONE

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

7 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Thought just hit me there - what will babestation do on monday to commemorate the queen?

- just not air. Booooooring

- have the girls in skimpy union fleg themed lingerie or just air as normal. Meh.

- have the girls writhing about with a framed photo of the queen in the background with a soft techno remix of god save the queen playing. PLEASE THIS ONE

A Benny Hill chase parody with a Prince Andrew look-a-like. 

Topical and non-controversial.

9 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

A Benny Hill chase parody with a Prince Andrew look-a-like. 

Topical and non-controversial.

Surely a technically-savvy type can set some sped up footage of mourners passing by the coffin to the Benny Hill theme...