Normal Island

40 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've just put the news on and am more surprised that it looks pitch black in London going by the live coverage. I'm just about to go out to do some work in the garden as it's a lovely evening here in Glasgow.

How did your 20 minutes of gardening go?

Or are you gardening by floodlights?

How did your 20 minutes of gardening go?
Or are you gardening by floodlights?
I managed about half an hour. I know it wasn't the most earth-shattering comment, I was just surprised the difference was still so marked in Mid-September.
The programme on BBC1 was called The Eve of the Procession. In other words, there's something happening tomorrow and we're showing a car driving.

The CentreParcs stuff is mental.  They are basically throwing people out of their chalets for 24 hours - you have to go and stay somewhere else and then come back afterwards.  It's not like they are just shutting down the restaruant or bar or swimming pool, turfing people out completely!
I am working on the bank holiday but we get an extra day in our leave allocation.
I've not been to Centre Parcs in over a decade but it used to be you either book Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday. Nobody could afford to stay a whole week.
You had to leave your accommodation on the Monday morning away but you were able to stay and use the facilities. It's still wrong but they're not likely to be chucking many folk out their accommodation. Folk who were due to arrive on the Monday will be justifiably raging.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Can you tell us the details of two incidents? I love shit like this, I'm like a wee gossiping wifie!!

Certainly can with the most recent one. Was before the first lockdown, so probably about 3 years ago. Took place here -

https://gortonhouse.co.uk/

There's a cave that's interesting to visit down one of the nearby paths that is a Right of Way marked on OS maps. As I said, we're invariably quiet and respectful, but this harpy came bolting out of the house, waving her arms and screeching about it being 'private land'. We put her right but she wasn't having it and progressively became more and more irate and animated. Finally we offered to stand and wait while she carried out her threat to phone the polis, but she ignored our suggestion that they wouldn't take kindly to being called to what is a civil matter when we'd already explained to her that she was mistaken. We even showed her on a paper map, but she wasn't having it. Polis duly turned up and put her right, but you could tell they were silently seething at having to attend in the first place.

Time before that I can't quite recall the location. It's the girlfriend that tends to organise our wee jaunts so my recollection of exactly where we were on any given day isn't always great. Same thing though, only this time it was a tweed-clad Lord Summerisle-alike, again, ranting and raving about private land and trespass. I'll ask her and see if she can remember precisely where the silly auld coot was.

The aircraft 

A royal air force c17 

A huge      grey aircraft with      four giant engines        two on each wing 

Of course at the moment, they are quiet but you would expect that          once we are ready to go         you'll notice a real difference in the noise levels

BBC Radio Scotland at Edinburgh Airport. If you want the full experience, it goes on and on from 1 hour 10 minutes

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

@The_Kincardine will love that take. Because Scots didn't disrupt a funeral procession and quite a few turned out to rubberneck, and the FM said nice things about the Queen, we're eager for King Charles III and Westminster to rule over us for evermore.

You're mistaking me for  a monarchist, mate.

What it does show is that the founding principle of Nationalism -  the Big Nat Lie - that Scotland is different to England - is just utter twaddle.

What I would like is constitutional change:  The end of monarchy, the end of state religion in England and the national kirk in Scotland, having an elected revising chamber and a written constitution.  

The passing of the baton from Elizabeth to Charles is the perfect time to start this process.  What we got, instead, was the signing off of, "One kingdom, one monarch and one Protestant faith".