Normal Island

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I suspect the case will be quietly dropped

An appeal to the ECHR might be embarrassing 

Is that not a technique the Met use quite often lift you from causing a disturbance and either they release you later or the crown office as it would be in England say it's not in public interest to prosecute.

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is that not a technique the Met use quite often lift you from causing a disturbance and either they release you later or the crown office as it would be in England say it's not in public interest to prosecute.

I expect so. It would have to be proved that there was an element of "fear and alarm to the lieges" e.g. a ned setting off fireworks at a bus stop might cause fear and alarm in Mrs Brady, old lady whereas Mizz Millie Tant standing with a cardboard sign saying FTQ or equivalent at Her Majesty's Funeral procession might be offensive to some but is hardly causing fear and alarm.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Aye, especially at protests it’s basically a form of oppression.   Police try to justify it, well yes we arrested them, held them for hours under questioning and let them go when it was convenient for us, but because we didn’t charge them no harm eh.

To be a properly free society we really need the threshold for wrongful arrest to be dropped significantly and for it to include actions like kettling etc.  

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I don’t think any Scottish clubs apart from the obviously one changes it’s logo to black

It does make me happy seeing how much such an insufficient little thing can enrage people, especially gammons

Cove Rangers and Peterhead have. 

OFTW

I don’t think any Scottish clubs apart from the obviously one changes it’s logo to black
It does make me happy seeing how much such an insufficient little thing can enrage people, especially gammons
I think the grief merchants are far worse in this instance. The state of our Twitter: One sad case moaning that the club never posted the news sooner; because I'm sure folk go to a Queen of the South Twitter feed to get news on the Royal Family. And the other welt wanting a badge turned black ffs.

47760b7d7692cc2b510be1134efc9e29.jpg

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I expect so. It would have to be proved that there was an element of "fear and alarm to the lieges" e.g. a ned setting off fireworks at a bus stop might cause fear and alarm in Mrs Brady, old lady whereas Mizz Millie Tant standing with a cardboard sign saying FTQ or equivalent at Her Majesty's Funeral procession might be offensive to some but is hardly causing fear and alarm.

I’d take Westminster far more seriously if the cabinet was made up of Viz characters,

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think the grief merchants are far worse in this instance. The state of our Twitter: One sad case moaning that the club never posted the news sooner; because I'm sure folk go to a Queen of the South Twitter feed to get news on the Royal Family. And the other welt wanting a badge turned black ffs.

47760b7d7692cc2b510be1134efc9e29.jpg

isn’t it  KOTS twitter now?