Normal Island

7 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Regardless of Scotland/England splits, I think it's the juxtaposition of reality in the UK in 2022 against the insidiousness of the monarchy that's grating me. I was in a planning meeting on Wednesday involving the setting up of 'warm spaces' for the winter. Yes, actually making support service provisions for people (vulnerable, disabled, elderly, LTU) who are already regularly visiting a food pantry because they are too impoverished to do a weekly shop, now unable to safely stay under their own roof for chunks of the week because they either won't be able to top the prepayment meter when it cuts off, or are plain frightened of switching the heating on in the first place. 36 hours later, I'm expected at the drop of a hat to feel overwhelming grief for at least two weeks after the peaceful passing of a wealthy, privileged nonagenarian, followed by various orchestrated pieces of glorified (expensive) cosplay to maintain an inherently unfair order of power? No, sorry. 

The Clive Myrie line on Thursday was sensationally nuts, and actually disgusting in this regard.

5 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Apparently all the bridges(foot & road) over the M90 are going to be closed for two days according to Fife Council! 

Their reasoning is that they don’t want people throwing flowers on the convoy bringing the body to Edinburgh. Personally I don’t think it’s flowers that they would have to worry about. 

4E494E80-D039-4232-8D78-F8A40E582C1A.jpeg

I suspect that you are correct about the reason for the closures. Low-tech assassination attempt has happened before. His sentence was a bit less drastic than that of Roger Casement.

https://eamonnmallie.com/2012/06/the-day-the-queen-got-stoned-belfast-danny-morrison/

The following day, as the British queen was flying out of Aldergrove, Morgan was being charged.  He appeared in court, marked with bruises and with a swollen upper lip.

The charge seat read that on Monday, 4th July 1966, “the accused did wilfully throw a thing, to wit, a concrete block, at the person of Her Majesty the Queen, with intent to injure the person of Her Majesty, or to alarm Her Majesty, or to break or injure the public peace, contrary to the Treason Act 1842, Section 32.’”

“I couldn’t believe it. I was charged – like Roger Casement – under the Treason Act!”

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's all so bizarre and actually quite sinister. It's not just "folk might feel sad", it's "you will feel sad!".

They're trying to engineer a mood. It's a level of conditioning/brainwashing. Only the saddest songs on the radio.

Drove down to Portobelle beach this morning. Every single radio station were playing soppy sad songs so I was flicking through the channel. Saltire had on Sex Machine by James Brown. Fucking fantastic. My new favourite station.

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Local wine merchant in Ayr. Went in to buy a gift for someone online…
image.thumb.png.e4346835f6d872bafbb8ad55d8d4fc91.png
Not enough to close the shop, don’t you dare even peruse our products you disrespectful scumbag.

A bit like the dry cleaners at Tams Brigg yesterday. Who knew Ayr was so staunch !

Aye the levels of staunchness round here at times never ceases to amaze me.

We were asked to either leave or not talk while in the pub yesterday cause they had put Charles speech on the TV and they didn't appreciate us laughing. 

Couldn't believe it. Staunch weirdos.

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Aye the levels of staunchness round here at times never ceases to amaze me.

We were asked to either leave or not talk while in the pub yesterday cause they had put Charles speech on the TV and they didn't appreciate us laughing. 

Couldn't believe it. Staunch weirdos.

Which pub was that?!

So I know to never go there again. Not talk in a fucking pub 😂

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I get that...............but this is one of the things that demonstrates the massive inequality. Charles has worked for years on his "green, man of the people" image - and I think part of that is true, but when push comes to shove hes just the same as the rest.

If he was truly a good sort, he would have made the massively successful Duchy brand some kind of co op to benefit the local poor in that part of the country (despite having loads of 2nd homes, Cornwall has a shit ton of poor).

But, no - he has passed his massively successful business on to his laddie and the cycle continues while fucking idiots doff their caps. 

These fuckers could learn a bit about giving back from Bill and Melinda Gates.

Couple of years ago we stayed at Dumfries House in Ayrshire which seemed to have built up quite a few litttle cottage industries within it.

Whether this was down solely to Charles I don’t know but people there seemed to talk well of him.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Which pub was that?!

So I know to never go there again. Not talk in a fucking pub 😂

Wellingtons. Hadn't been in for years but my mate works nearby so met him there for a couple. 

Tbf, while the old woman that runs the place did seem absolutely raging, she didn't actually say anything. It was other customers that said our laughing and loud chatting was a disgrace and we should leave or show some respect.

It was peak normal island

Edited by AuAl

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's all so bizarre and actually quite sinister. It's not just "folk might feel sad", it's "you will feel sad!".

They're trying to engineer a mood. It's a level of conditioning/brainwashing. Only the saddest songs on the radio. TV schedules completely cleared. Not even, "Here's some the songs/music the queen liked"; nah, somehow has taken considerable time to sit down and compose a playlist of only the saddest songs designed to elicit a reaction.

Talking of conditioning/brainwashing, the crazies who aren't totally bemused by all of this and are demanding we 'respect' the queen all say the same pish, mainly the nonsense about her being 'a constant'. It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but an explanation of this total pish was not found. These folk all trot out garbage about how she 'served' the country, how she was a 'hard worker', how she 'did her duty'. These comical bits of propaganda fall from their mouths without thinking. Apparently she was apolitical; in that case the question is her flying around the world in unimaginable luxury was at the behest of who exactly? The government of the time? In which case she was jetting around doing the bidding of the Tories for most of her reign. Folk feel that this is somehow worthy of applause?

Also, she was a mother and grandmother. So fucking what?! What is the relevance there, unless you're actually in her family?

I tuned in to the radio earlier. Wall to wall propaganda. Across numerous stations I didn't hear a single dissenting voice. Apparently she was the greatest person ever and everything she did was 'remarkable'. Did you know she even once put a cushion in a room all on her own?! She also used to drive herself on occasion!!! Remarkable!!!!! Everything about her was great seemingly. Not a single flaw. Not even the tiniest of things was not perfect. Zero dissention allowed. Not a single person on any station I heard even said something as bland as not agreeing with something she did at some point, or not being a fan of something she might have done. The BBC still have the cheek to claim 'impartiality' too. Also, I'm not sure anyone would want to disagree or put forward an opposing view of even the smallest aspect of the queen or what she has done, as the backlash would be immense and they'd surely be sacked. That's not a country I want a part of. 

It's just extraordinary bootlicking propaganda. Blatant lies and blatant invention of history, whitewashing of events, incredible exaggeration and terrifyingly cheered through by servile, pathetic children. It's so dishonest, immature and pathetic.

Sounds a bit how people behaved during the Covid pandemic with some still affected.

Wellingtons. Hadn't been in for years but my mate works nearby so met him there for a couple. 
Tbf, while the old woman that runs the place did seem absolutely raging, she didn't actually say anything. It was other customers that said our laughing and loud chatting was a disgrace and we should leave or show some respect.
Nan is her name, a cracking wee pub normally but no surprise she's a royalist.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Nan is her name, a cracking wee pub normally but no surprise she's a royalist.

Aye decent wee pub and the staff were awfa friendly. Just couldn't believe the old fuckers that were raging with us

Edited by AuAl