Normal Island

Currently on Kos on holiday, in the hotel bar waiting for the entertainment to start when the news broke. Guy gets up, has the music turned down and announces "Ladies & gentlemen, some sad news, the queen of England has died." In a broad Scots accent...

Is Kos the new Normal Island?

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Yesterday evening, I dared to put the radio on. 

BBC was out, obvs. Put on Absolute Classic Rock and they were playing sombre music too. Coldplay ffs. 

I was sitting talking to my partner who was closing up her shop and she had Clyde 2 on. I said after about 3 songs, 'has this been like this all day?' as it was completely downbeat songs all the way. Soon as i mentioned it the song (some Emilie Sande dirge) dropped out for the announcement.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I was sitting talking to my partner who was closing up her shop and she had Clyde 2 on. I said after about 3 songs, 'has this been like this all day?' as it was completely downbeat songs all the way. Soon as i mentioned it the song (some Emilie Sande dirge) dropped out for the announcement.

^^^Killed the Queen

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

19 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Coincidence? 

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

They did this when Phil the Greek died as well. Kiss from a Rose on repeat.