Normal Island

10 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

My grandparents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary next month and my gran will be seething she is getting a card from Charles now! 

Am I being whooshed?  Is that a thing?

I ask because my parents reach their 60th wedding anniversary next Thursday and we're having a do for them on the Saturday.  If it's this 9 day mourning thing, I can see the funeral being that day.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

1000 years of the British monarchy? f**k off 

Her ancestors were James IV and Margaret Tudor,  The ironic thing is that the Tudors had a sketchy claim to the English throne while the Stewarts were well established Scottish kings so Lizzie had more of a claim to the Scottish throne than the English one.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Am I being whooshed?  Is that a thing?

I ask because my parents reach their 60th wedding anniversary next Thursday and we're having a do for them on the Saturday.  If it's this 9 day mourning thing, I can see the funeral being that day.

You can apply for a card from the monarch for a 60th wedding anniversary. 

Haven't been on P&B for quite a few months but looking for somewhere people are still acting normally. Like - she is just a little old lady the same as any other little old lady. She isn't more deserving and it's nauseating that so many people still buy into the idea she is. What's the vibe on here?

1 minute ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Haven't been on P&B for quite a few months but looking for somewhere people are still acting normally. Like - she is just a little old lady the same as any other little old lady. She isn't more deserving and it's nauseating that so many people still buy into the idea she is. What's the vibe on here?

There are a few traitorous republicans around here...Dead Pool thread for levity if that's what you're looking for

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Does the Ibrox home dressing room really have a picture of the Queen on display?

If so, that's one of the most tragic and hilarious things I've ever heard.

There's a clip of a wee scouse ned that had a job there trying not to laugh at it. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Does the Ibrox home dressing room really have a picture of the Queen on display?

If so, that's one of the most tragic and hilarious things I've ever heard.

Famously. I remember being taken on an Ibrox tour in my youth (big team found etc) and the guide saying that "every Rangers player touches that before they go out onto the pitch"