Normal Island

5 hours ago, ParsJake said:

We might as well make ourselves comfortable, she clearly relishes the spotlight and isn't going to give it up anytime soon. A Facebook maw live and in living colour.

Next up will be the Archie Battersbee "Foundation". Absolute nap.

It's fucking unbelievable.

Absolutely no sense of decency or intelligence, just rage-filled neediness.

I don’t think there’s anything sinister about it. 

I think it’s just a woman who can’t face up to the reality that her child is dead. An incredibly difficult thing to do so I actually feel for her but husband or another family member needs to be pulling her aside and delivering some truths. Let the actual grieving process begin. 

19 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

The mum wants an investigation into the NHS now. I'm sure this is in absolutely no way a means by which to remain in the public eye. 

More attention please

I can understand that it must be hard for her to accept what's happened. I think everyone does. 

But this is wholly undignified and has merely prolonged her son's suffering, preventing him from being allowed to pass with dignity. The whole thing leaves me feeling more than a little uneasy. 

The press really ought to take a look at themselves as well, for their failure to cover it objectively. All we got was the mother and her fight; very little on the facts in place (Archie is brain dead) and that the prospect of any kind of recovery was essentially nil. Maybe removing the emotion makes it bland to the press, but they can end up doing a lot of damage as a result. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have happened here as far as I can see, but remember the Alfie Evans case? The coverage of that generated a lot of trouble for the hospital and the medical staff, who received threats. 

There is some speculation Archie ended up in the situation he did as a result of some online challenge. If his mum is determined to make something good come of it, why not campaign for better removal of harmful/dangerous content? A much more worthy cause for Archie's memory rather than demanding inquiries which will say the medical advice and conclusion were entirely correct and that a whole load of time and resources were wasted owing to a number of desperate appeals. I am almost certain her lawyer has the 'whitewash' statement pre-prepared on the off chance something like that actually ends up going ahead. 

Edited by Michael W

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I can understand that it must be hard for her to accept what's happened. I think everyone does. 

But this is wholly undignified and has merely prolonged her son's suffering, preventing him from being allowed to pass with dignity. The whole thing leaves me feeling more than a little uneasy. 

The press really ought to take a look at themselves as well, for their failure to cover it objectively. All we got was the mother and her fight; very little on the facts in place (Archie is brain dead) and that the prospect of any kind of recovery was essentially nil. Maybe removing the emotion makes it bland to the press, but they can end up doing a lot of damage as a result. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have happened here as far as I can see, but remember the Alfie Evans case? The coverage of that generated a lot of trouble for the hospital and the medical staff, who received threats. 

There is some speculation Archie ended up in the situation he did as a result of some online challenge. If his mum is determined to make something food come of it, why not campaign for better removal of harmful/dangerous content? A much more worthy cause for Archie's memory rather than demanding inquiries which will say the medical advice and conclusion were entirely correct and that a whole load of time and resources were wasted owing to a number of desperate appeals. I am almost certain her lawyer has the 'whitewash' statement pre-prepared on the off chance something like that actually ends up going ahead. 

Totally agree, making an enemy of the NHS over this is not a dignified legacy for the poor boy. 

You’re absolutely right to say toxic internet pish is the real issue. 

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/hollie-dance-lisa-pittaway-ella-carter-archie-battersbee-lauren-summers-dignity-for-all-archies-army-spread-the-purple-wave.124942/

Here's a tittle tattle web page with some gossip and some interesting info. Lassie seems a bumper and the lad was troubled and the selling of the situation by the media and family was crass.

Is Kiwi Farms one of those sites that people use to bully other people to death?

Either way, the thread and list of posts and stories is unbelievably depressing.  Just a cavalcade of awfulness.  

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is Kiwi Farms one of those sites that people use to bully other people to death?

Either way, the thread and list of posts and stories is unbelievably depressing.  Just a cavalcade of awfulness.  

I think after the mother calling NHS staff murderers and organizing protests to harass innocent staff she opened herself up to scrutiny.  The poor kid was dead for a couple of months 

5 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/hollie-dance-lisa-pittaway-ella-carter-archie-battersbee-lauren-summers-dignity-for-all-archies-army-spread-the-purple-wave.124942/

Here's a tittle tattle web page with some gossip and some interesting info. Lassie seems a bumper and the lad was troubled and the selling of the situation by the media and family was crass.

In the words of Percival Cox: "You're in clear need of help but god damn it I'm not gonna be the one to give it to you."