Normal Island

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

It's the same as people believing in a benevolent God - without the faith that somebody better knows what they're doing, all you're left with is a ball of rock freewheeling through a chaotic void, with billions of terrified passengers cursing their sentience.

Not all of us are terrified.  Some of us are just bemused that so many arseholes can believe in a god, benevolent or otherwise, other than accepting the facts as they are.

The terms say a pint of Greene King IPA for FREE.
No excuses.
I'm sure a previous poster stated they were charging 6p for a pint as that was the cost when Lizzie was coronated.
Really haven't looked into any royal celebration stuff basically because I don't care.

38 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just for a moment, imagine if she died on Thursday.

She just died? Wow. I didn't know that... she led an amazing life. What else can you say? She was an amazing woman, whether you agree or not. She was an amazing woman who led an amazing life. I'm actually sad to hear that.

21 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have actually witnessed this first hand, was in a flat in Glasgow, a very poor area of Glasgow, people with nothing, instead of family pictures up they had a framed picture of the queen wearing a Rangers top in the living room. Guy told me he says good morning to her every day. 

Back in the 80's, was in a neighbour's house at Halloween and they had a framed photo of Graeme Souness in his Rangers tie and blazer on their mantlepiece like he was one of the family. I remember finding that very strange.