Normal Island

Yorkshire man explains why he flew Nazi flag after huge backlash

A Harrogate man has explained why he decided to erect a flag featuring a swastika outside of his home after pictures caused alarm among residents.

The man who erected the flags explained to YorkshireLive that he was a flag enthusiast and that he regularly erects flags outside his Harrogate home to mark different occasions. He said that on May 27 it was the anniversary of the sinking of the German battleship Bismarck during the Second World War, which resulted in the deaths of over 2,000 German soldiers. This was three days after the Royal Navy battlecruiser HMS Hood was sunk by the Bismarck during the Battle of the Denmark Strait in 1941.

A "flag enthusiast" who " regularly erects flags" indeed, I hope he read the pamphlet that was posted earlier in this thread.

Ew3fr8cXMAMo1Zh.jpg

11 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

A "flag enthusiast" who " regularly erects flags" indeed, I hope he read the pamphlet that was posted earlier in this thread.

Ew3fr8cXMAMo1Zh.jpg

" He said that on May 27 it was the anniversary of the sinking of the German battleship Bismarck during the Second World War, which resulted in the deaths of over 2,000 German soldiers."

Must have been a bit crowded - there were also 2,065sailors on board.

On 30/05/2022 at 13:55, Empty It said:
On 30/05/2022 at 13:46, Florentine_Pogen said:
So according to GreeneKing, Scotland isn't part of UK ?
Thanks for the clarification................

They wouldn't be able to run the promotion in Scotland due to minimum pricing.

Tennent's managed to give away free pints of the good stuff. So that doesn't hold water.

Tennent's managed to give away free pints of the good stuff. So that doesn't hold water.
I would think it has something to do with if you pay for the alcohol it has to be priced against the alcohol content.
If it's free it won't fall under that rule.
I could be completely wrong on that though.

4 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I would think it has something to do with if you pay for the alcohol it has to be priced against the alcohol content.
If it's free it won't fall under that rule.
I could be completely wrong on that though.

The terms say a pint of Greene King IPA for FREE.

No excuses.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

After speaking with the man we asked some of the neighbours on their thoughts, with one woman called Laura saying that he was a "really nice guy" and that his flags had brightened up the community by bringing a "bit more colour".

Peak Brexitland.

I imagine that those same neighbours will add “gave no hint of anything being wrong” and “kept to himself mostly” after the obligatory “before turning the gun on himself” report of the future.

Dunno what the world's coming to when you can't fly the fleg of fascist Germany without some snowflakes calling the PC Police and having you cancelled.

I thought this was supposed to be GRATE BRITTAN, not Nazi Ger...oh.

14 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Don't worry.  I have seen this played out in so many films and police shows.  I am sure the authorities have the property under surveillance around the clock and are fully aware of any dastardly plan that might be afoot.

I have actually witnessed this first hand, was in a flat in Glasgow, a very poor area of Glasgow, people with nothing, instead of family pictures up they had a framed picture of the queen wearing a Rangers top in the living room. Guy told me he says good morning to her every day. 

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have actually witnessed this first hand, was in a flat in Glasgow, a very poor area of Glasgow, people with nothing, instead of family pictures up they had a framed picture of the queen wearing a Rangers top in the living room. Guy told me he says good morning to her every day. 

Hopefully they were suitably deferential to Her judgement when she sent HRMC in to get their club wound up.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm sure someone on here said that their grandparents used to dress up 'smart' (suits and dresses, that type of thing) whenever the queen was on TV.

To be fair, TV would have been a new thing back then. Possibly they suspected she could see them in return.

In all honesty, though, one of the things that always sustained the royals was an idea that they had some kind of mystique - that they were special and rightly elevated, and thus worthy of respect. The proles didn’t see enough of them to know any better, as royal public appearances were tightly managed. That’s why queenie and her drunkard mother shat themselves when TV cameras began intruding: they knew that it would end the mystique.

Now, along with Hollywood stars (who had the same mystique, but were protected by the studios whilst the royals were protected by the establishment), we pretty much see these people warts and all, all the time. We can see that they aren’t any different from us and that they aren’t special. They don’t even have talent to justify their elevated positions.

So you do have to ask yourself what’s the point. Once you’ve seen the old bint mining for gold, and you realise she and her creepy progeny are constitutionally useless and personally less than that, there’s no mystique anymore. We’ve seen behind the ermine curtain and there’s nothing impressive there.

f**k them, the utter, thieving con artists.

5D0ED928-1A1D-4A92-8D39-617F806C6CDC.jpeg

4 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Ew3fr8cXMAMo1Zh.jpg

"You don't have anything from the Allied side?"

"No, no. That sort of thing wouldn't interest me at all."

It's the same as people believing in a benevolent God - without the faith that somebody better knows what they're doing, all you're left with is a ball of rock freewheeling through a chaotic void, with billions of terrified passengers cursing their sentience.