Normal Island

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Fairly sure any trifle recipe, as long as it has a cocktail stick with a wee Union Jack on it, will please Her Maj.

All available at your local food bank - and you don't even have to cook it. If no exotic Italian biscuits, digestives will do. 

I was just thinking a soggy custard cream in an egg cup with a squirt of jif

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I was just thinking a soggy custard cream in an egg cup with a squirt of jif

As consumed by many a tardy Prime Minister during their Eton days.

7 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I was in Bangkok a few years ago at the temples and security was really tight, one of the princesses was there and I witnessed her handmaids around her on their hands and knees, appalling.

Still wid tho

8 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I was in Bangkok a few years ago at the temples and security was really tight, one of the princesses was there and I witnessed her handmaids around her on their hands and knees, appalling.

From what I've seen there's a marked change in attitude towards the monarchy in Thailand and a lot of people are openly critical of the royals especially the king (who stayed in Europe with his harem during the covid crisis) even with the very strict Lèse-majesté laws.

Think its similar to here where the main advocates of royalty are the folk with dough.

54 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

From what I've seen there's a marked change in attitude towards the monarchy in Thailand and a lot of people are openly critical of the royals especially the king (who stayed in Europe with his harem during the covid crisis) even with the very strict Lèse-majesté laws.

Think its similar to here where the main advocates of royalty are the folk with dough.

No comment, but my friend is in agreement. Not many King flegs getting flown , which was not like 'good old days', when every house/shop you name it had on display, lucky if I he can see one on the 5 mile trip to the village now.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

No comment, but my friend is in agreement. Not many King flegs getting flown , which was not like 'good old days', when every house/shop you name it had on display, lucky if I he can see one on the 5 mile trip to the village now.

Maybe they should release an official trifle to get everyone back on board with the idea of monarchy.

21 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Maybe they should release an official trifle to get everyone back on board with the idea of monarchy.

Or maybe they should just adopt the same views as the majority over here towards the inbred Saxe-Coburg-Gotha shower and say "Phuket". 

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Yer mate is probably better hauding his wheesht just to be on the safe side. 

On 13/05/2022 at 09:47, SlipperyP said:

ETA - the king of Thailand story

I was wondering if you clear something up.  I know there is a Thai snooker player called James Wattana and I also know Thailand used to be called Siam.

I am told there once was a King Wattana so the crowd would chant "Oh Wattana, Siam" over and over.

Is that true?

No don't answer.  I will grab my coat.

Tory MP Karen Bradley said: “It is utterly unacceptable and disgraceful that fans booed Prince William.

“I would urge the FA to take all necessary action and pursue those responsible.”

A Republican Squid Games for jubilee entertainment? 

This was the same MP and NI secretary who said -  "I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought, for example, in Northern Ireland – people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice versa."

20 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Tory MP Karen Bradley said: “It is utterly unacceptable and disgraceful that fans booed Prince William.

“I would urge the FA to take all necessary action and pursue those responsible.”

A Republican Squid Games for jubilee entertainment? 

This was the same MP and NI secretary who said -  "I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought, for example, in Northern Ireland – people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice versa."

"Pursue those responsible". 😄

And do what exactly?

• there are plenty of servile wretches who'd be delighted with legislation that criminalised saying mean things about their betters
  • it was inevitable that some of the same folk would try to frame the UK finally not being hammered in a daft song contest as evidence of that Brexit Bonus we've been promised for so long
  • Rachel Riley is working towards reimagining Darren Aronofsky's Pi by giving herself a power-drill lobotomy after unravelling the numbers that make up the universe and realising that all of them hate the Jews. And are Numberwang, probably.