Normal Island

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Oh, ffs, 

A lemon and Swiss roll amaretti trifle is to be the official pudding for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee after winning a competition to find a new dessert.

That actually sounds pretty good TBF. Is there a recipe anywhere? 

41 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Why do I get a vision of Leonardo Di Caprio's character in "Django Unchained" when I read that headline? 

Pretty much what i was thinking. I fully expected it to be about dickie-bowed hooray henry's betting on a thunderdome full of tramps. 

9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Oh, ffs, 

A lemon and Swiss roll amaretti trifle is to be the official pudding for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee after winning a competition to find a new dessert.

Aye that sounds teckle.

God save her 😎.

10 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Oh, ffs, 

That sounds lovely, but can I buy all the ingredients and serve a hearty portion of it to her Ma'am for 30p? 

On 11/05/2022 at 03:22, SlipperyP said:

I think they are just trying to keep up with Joneses. I give my loved Thailand

48599654_303.jpg 

2019_05_02_71274_1556791691._large.jpg

I was in Bangkok a few years ago at the temples and security was really tight, one of the princesses was there and I witnessed her handmaids around her on their hands and knees, appalling.

On 17/04/2022 at 21:00, BucksburnDandy said:
On 13/04/2022 at 22:27, ICTChris said:
Howling at this story from the Inverness Courier about a guy renaming his chip shop in honour of Tyson Fury.
https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/tyson-fury-inspires-inverness-businessman-271985/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Someone needs to get Fury up to get his dinner from there. 

My local chipper. It's not as good as it was under the previous owners, when it was a lovely chipper, but the name is better than "Westhill Chip Shop".

He used to own my local chippie too, ‘The Codfather’ 

55 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I was in Bangkok a few years ago at the temples and security was really tight, one of the princesses was there and I witnessed her handmaids around her on their hands and knees, appalling.

I'll give you. After the last Kings death(which they did like). There was a months mourning, there was 1 day dedicated for everyone to head to the Royal Temple of Singburi province. Wat Pranon Chacksi

What we all had to do was stand in a queue (only queue I've every seen here) for 4 hours, in the splitting heat to lay a paper flower next a photo of the said dead King.  I went along in respect of my wife and her family.

When we got to about 50m of the duties (flower drop) I noticed that everyone was going up the 5 stairs to the photo on their knees. I was thinking no fucking way I'm doing that. I got to the point of being handed a flower and then the local paper wanted a photo of me placing the flower, so they quickened me up just to to top of the stairs, then the snap shot of me bowing and placing the flower.

I was not to sure what was worse.

10 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

That actually sounds pretty good TBF. Is there a recipe anywhere? 

Fairly sure any trifle recipe, as long as it has a cocktail stick with a wee Union Jack on it, will please Her Maj.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

That sounds lovely, but can I buy all the ingredients and serve a hearty portion of it to her Ma'am for 30p? 

All available at your local food bank - and you don't even have to cook it. If no exotic Italian biscuits, digestives will do. 

ETA - the king of Thailand story

My wife Buddha bless her. Knows I didn't own clothesso jumped out at the local village market to buy me a black shirt (I still wear) and a pair of dressed shoes(2nd hand).

These shoes had the toe length as a clown. I was like I can't wear them, ok. Let's go.....jumped in the car and can't drive as the shoes were too big, laughter (not her), we move on. I drive with my flip flops and then chance.  

Half way round the queue, the glue on the soles of these shoes were giving way, and become more a flipper than a shoe.

Here's me big stepping (but only normal step length)........Whole day was great, for me and the son at least. hilarious day.

I'm bad. I know

50 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

ETA - the king of Thailand story

My wife Buddha bless her. Knows I didn't own clothes

No wonder the internet scammers have pictures of you with your tackle out.

If you're a naturist, just say so. This is a supportive, understanding space. Nobody will mock you here.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I'll give you. After the last Kings death(which they did like). There was a months mourning, there was 1 day dedicated for everyone to head to the Royal Temple of Singburi province. Wat Pranon Chacksi

What we all had to do was stand in a queue (only queue I've every seen here) for 4 hours, in the splitting heat to lay a paper flower next a photo of the said dead King.  I went along in respect of my wife and her family.

When we got to about 50m of the duties (flower drop) I noticed that everyone was going up the 5 stairs to the photo on their knees. I was thinking no fucking way I'm doing that. I got to the point of being handed a flower and then the local paper wanted a photo of me placing the flower, so they quickened me up just to to top of the stairs, then the snap shot of me bowing and placing the flower.

I was not to sure what was worse.

Normal isthmus thread for this pish.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

No wonder the internet scammers have pictures of you with your tackle out.

If you're a naturist, just say so. This is a supportive, understanding space. Nobody will mock you here.

Not me sir, only 1 photo of me on the internet. American agent ask we about 10 years ago for a photo of me so they can sent to there clients.

I sent a photo of me in front of the White House, giving them the vicky.  They stuck up on their website....'God bless America'