Normal Island

3 hours ago, killiekranky said:

Is Jesus deid ? Must have missed it among all the Ukraine and Fuel cost stories. Who had him in the Deadpool ?

No, last I heard he was in the desert, and will be there for another few weeks.

Rumours that Pontius Pilate is after him though

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

No, last I heard he was in the desert, and will be there for another few weeks.

Rumours that Pontius Pilate is after him though

I heard that Pilate's going to do him in but blame it on the Jews. Like that'll work! :1eye

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I heard that Pilate's going to do him in but blame it on the Jews. Like that'll work! :1eye

^^^ Conspiracy Theory thread for this pish

(I see that Sturgeon is still lying about her involvement with the death of Our Lord  :angry:)

9 hours ago, resk said:

The "supermarkets have banned the word Easter!" horseshit has been around for years.  Anyone who believes it is a slevvering moron.  

There has been a small confusion here. They banned the Easter Bunny.

Understandable really.  They were selling chocolate and he was just dishing it out free of charge.

Who can blame them?

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.17983c4356708e80038bb9e7cd09840e.png

Conservatives MPs are pushing for the creation of a Margaret Thatcher Day to celebrate the record of the former prime minister.

Equalities minister Kemi Badenoch threw her "personal" endorsement behind the idea in the Commons on Wednesday after she was quizzed on the matter by MPs.

Sheryll Murray, the MP for South East Cornwall, said the late Baroness Thatcher "led the way by showing women that they can reach the highest office and do the job well".

Ms Murray said the government should consider emulating the Falkland Islands and "celebrate a Margaret Thatcher day". The remote archipelago celebrates the occasion on January 10 every year.

Her suggestion was greeted with cheers by other Tory MPs on the benches around her.

Ms Badenoch, whose brief covers equalities and communities, said: "I personally would be very supportive of a Margaret Thatcher day. But I think that is probably more a question for the prime minister than myself."

10 January is the anniversary of Baroness Thatcher's first visit to the Falkland Islands in 1983.

The former prime minister oversaw restrictions on workers' rights, the disposal of public assets like state industries and council houses to the private sector, a war to defend the Falkland Islands, and cuts to some taxes.

Her policies dramatically increase unemployment and inequality, neutered trade union power, and made a section of the population very rich – setting Britain up with a new economic model that has yet to be unpicked to this day.

The baroness is worshiped in an almost cult-like fashion by some Tories – with portraits of the ex-PM adorning offices and sometimes even placed on tables at fringe events at Conservative party conference.

Yet she was forced from office by her party in 1990 over her position on Europe, to be replaced by John Major.

The late prime minister was picked as Britain’s greatest post-war prime minister by 21 per cent of the public in a poll conducted by YouGov in April 2019 – beating every other option. That support was mostly driven by Tory voters, 44 per cent of whom picked her; just 6 per cent of Liberal Democrat and Labour voters chose Baroness Thatcher.

Edited by GNU_Linux

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-60938930

image.png.eb521630468c7bbd98089fd8defcb909.png

Not so much the decision today but that fact that they play fucking air raid sirens over the tannoy when they get a corner.

Their mascot could be a cartoon squaddie that respectfully cums poppies when they score a goal.

Edited by Gordon EF

On 10/03/2022 at 11:53, Steve_Wilkos said:

"Teesside dad-of-three cooks 'most patriotic steak ever' in shape of UK" 

1_Untitled-design-1.png

"Nigel, 54, said: "I've definitely bagged one of Britain's most patriotic steaks, I don't think anyone could beat that. I noticed the uncanny resemblance after cooking it for a few minutes on one side and then flipped it over.""

Read this breaking news story here

It looks more like Oor Wullie, imho