Normal Island

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Wheesht you about that Lord Lyon c**t. I'm almost certain he was was working his way across the A to Z of Scottish fitba clubs and forcing them to change their official crests. 

How far did he get? I remember Airdrie United being targeted. 

Ayr United got targeted and there was a fans who led a campaign saying this was ridiculous. Some cnut grassed up Formartine as well. Hibs changed their badge in the 1980s because the previous one had a crown design.

Looking at some of their club badges I get the feeling the English equivalent of the LL isn't so bothered. 

There's some rule about not using a shield design unless agreed and registered ("matriculated"). Queens Park were able to matriculate their design in 1921 and Hibs also have. If you're designing a football club badge then a round design like a clan badge is fine.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I think most of them have had to at some time or another; apparently Killie and St Mirren fell foul in the Nineties. Different jurisdiction, but plenty of clubs down south have changed their badge over the decades; I always figured that was a poorly-advised attempt at modernisation, but I wonder if England has similar archaic rules.

An interesting thing mentioned in that Herald article is that they usually only take action when there's been a complaint about possible infringement, with the implication that fans of rival clubs are dobbing each other in for the lulz. What a bunch of c***s.

This is right, they only act when it’s flagged up to them.

After Airdrie were forced to change their badge a bitter Airdrie fan grassed on Ayr. They even posted a screenshot of their complaint to some Airdrie fans group on Facebook.

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Correct, the badge in the 1980s...

brand.gif?itok=CsHWUefE

And the 90s cartoon effort...

1200px-KilmarnockLogo.svg.png

Although in a reflection of the improvements on the pitch in that decade the squirrels appear to be smiling.

There's a joke there to be made about four fingers and two but I'm certainly not going to make it

On 25/01/2022 at 22:20, Oceanlineayr said:

Or he eventually finds out about all the Polish, Czech, French, Norse, Indian and the countless other nations who fought against the Nazis.  The gammon types seem very forgetful about that.

You've just reminded me of this...

bnp_poster.jpg.ce5725120ddf627caa029e77871581aa.jpg

https://www.theregister.com/2009/03/04/polish_spitfire/

59 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

You've just reminded me of this...

bnp_poster.jpg.ce5725120ddf627caa029e77871581aa.jpg

https://www.theregister.com/2009/03/04/polish_spitfire/

I remember they did that same thing on one of their rancid leaflets around 2010. It was dumped through the door and I remember thinking "ignorant racist twats." I was doing higher history at the time so spotted it as soon as I saw it.

Think they must have used those leaflets for Holyrood elections as well because they didn't stand in Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock in 2010 to have put out leaflets.

Edited by Oceanlineayr

22 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Continuing on the Captain Tom theme, a natural next step for his 'celebrity' grandson: 

Using his grandad to try and get his hole is quite the strategy, but still a far more honest cause than that grifting daughter of his.