Normal Island

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

More than 30 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, you can still see West Berlin and East Berlin from space at night because they used different lights.

Also East Berlin has nicer figures for the pedestrian signals.

I thought they'd got rid of the wee chap with the hat. I remember reading that Ossis were a bit upset at this.

Maybe they preserved some 

Utrecht, the home of creator Dick Bruna, has Muffy the rabbit pedestrian signals on a crossing near the station.

No doubt plenty of us remember when the BBC would play God Save the Queen before closing down for the night (aye, broadcasts stopped on all channels at about midnight, kids). It was a minter then too.

I somehow doubt anyone at Normal Island News gives a shit about standing for anthems before kippers in the morning, but will enjoy the fantasy of somehow offending somebody and it'll get them a little bit of much-needed publicity.

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

No doubt plenty of us remember when the BBC would play God Save the Queen before closing down for the night (aye, broadcasts stopped on all channels at about midnight, kids). It was a minter then too.

I somehow doubt anyone at Normal Island News gives a shit about standing for anthems before kippers in the morning, but will enjoy the fantasy of somehow offending somebody and it'll get them a little bit of much-needed publicity.

If only they brought back the 'Epilogue'. They could get Farage or Tommeh Robinson to host.............................

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

• Rick : What is that little white dot?

Neil Pye : It's a little white dot.

Rick : Oh very clever.

Neil Pye : Must be really old telly.

Rick : What, hippie?

Neil Pye : It's a sign, that little white dot. It means something really heavy. It means there's no more telly, it's time to go to bed.

I can't think of anyone worse than Alan Brazil to take diet advice from. He's a tricky fart away from an embolism.

Well, maybe me, but he's definitely second worst.

36 minutes ago, coprolite said:
  • Rick : What is that little white dot?

Neil Pye : It's a little white dot.

Rick : Oh very clever.

Neil Pye : Must be really old telly.

Rick : What, hippie?

Neil Pye : It's a sign, that little white dot. It means something really heavy. It means there's no more telly, it's time to go to bed.

Go to bed Spotty!

I used to live in a share-house with people from various villages in the south of England and one hungover Sunday I decided to join the Facebook community groups of these townships in order to really connect with the beating heart of Normal Island.

I wish I had compiled a Best of... list over the years, but coming straight in at number one would undoubtedly be the residents of Caddington campaigning against the demolition of a disused bus shelter that, by many accounts, actually creates a driving hazard due to it's location.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48459582

People outside a bus stop

Protester Vicky Malone said: "Someone is going to stay here at all times to make sure they don't knock it down."

She added: "Someone has even offered to sleep in the shelter overnight."

Quintessential Normal Island.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I used to live in a share-house with people from various villages in the south of England and one hungover Sunday I decided to join the Facebook community groups of these townships in order to really connect with the beating heart of Normal Island.

I wish I had compiled a Best of... list over the years, but coming straight in at number one would undoubtedly be the residents of Caddington campaigning against the demolition of a disused bus shelter that, by many accounts, actually creates a driving hazard due to it's location.

Protester Vicky Malone said: "Someone is going to stay here at all times to make sure they don't knock it down."

Must be great having all that free time to protest in a bus shelter 

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

No doubt plenty of us remember when the BBC would play God Save the Queen before closing down for the night (aye, broadcasts stopped on all channels at about midnight, kids).

I always enjoyed that for all the wrong reasons.

In the USA, they love to play their national anthem at all sporting events.  Everybody stands to attention, place their hand on their heart and sing with gusto.

Meanwhile back in the U.K. the national anthem is mainly being played to people who have fallen asleep while watching the telly.

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Just checked Google maps and it seems that it lasted until August 2020 at least, might still be there with no people waiting for the possible reintroduction of a bus service. 

Fucking weirdos.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8eda763efa0865e01f906c88fbcb0fb0.PNG