Normal Island

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

This tweet has been widely and deservedly dunked on in the last few days but it’s part of a wider trend in the fabled discourse to use food as a marker for politics.

This is a rare example of it from the Remainer, FBPE wing of Britain, it’s far more common for it to come from the right, terms like “latte drinkers” are the sort of thing I’m talking about, as though a latte is some sort of rare exoticism rather than a drink that you can buy in practically every cafe in the country.

That guy is so stupid it's actually hurting me to think about why he posted this. 

Edited by Detournement

A wonderful example of middle class women refusing to take responsibility for anything. 

She was unable to contact HMRC for 18 months because "my child would need to be fed, or something".

She spoke to someone who advised her to buy property and moved £100k to a savings account but didn't think to contact her bank.....

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A wonderful example of middle class women refusing to take responsibility for anything. 

She was unable to contact HMRC for 18 months because "my child would need to be fed, or something".

She spoke to someone who advised her to buy property and moved £100k to a savings account but didn't think to contact her bank.....

Silly cow.

After the Guardian contacted HMRC it investigated and discovered that a member of its staff had made the mistake while trying to pay Peters a £23.39 parcel customs duty rebate.

The money had not been destined for another person or company, and may well have never been detected had she not come forward. A personal tax expert told the Guardian that they had never come across such a case in 30 years of dealing with HMRC.

24 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The 5 figure annual interest income on your tax return might be a bit of an issue too.

What if you just leave it in a zero interest current account and don't touch it for 5 years say?

On 03/12/2021 at 09:28, ICTChris said:

This tweet has been widely and deservedly dunked on in the last few days but it’s part of a wider trend in the fabled discourse to use food as a marker for politics.

This is a rare example of it from the Remainer, FBPE wing of Britain, it’s far more common for it to come from the right, terms like “latte drinkers” are the sort of thing I’m talking about, as though a latte is some sort of rare exoticism rather than a drink that you can buy in practically every cafe in the country.

Still my favourite instance of people being weird about coffee and its class connotations

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bnk38a/owen-smith-normal-coffee

On 04/12/2021 at 16:17, Detournement said:

That money was just resting in her account. She was going to pay it back ..

On 03/12/2021 at 09:54, Gaz said:

"Soy Boy" is one I've seen a lot over the past few years.

I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast while lifting weights and taking flexing selfies at the gym yesterday when I learned that quite a lot of the anabolic steroids used for performance enhancement are actually derived from soy. Soybeans and Mexican yams are the main sources for it, apparently. 

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Boy can play. That would have been some clearance. 

image.png

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That’s some front door btw.

How fucking big is their cat

Jennifer Arcuri has publicly accused Andrew Neil not only of being in Epstein's little black book (an undeniable fact) but being a paedophile and his "I have a lawyer" posting is a great example of a subset of Normal Island brain. Going after random anon shit posters with "be very very afraid" messages like a supervillain.