Normal Island

Excellent journalism. Particularly enjoyed "most of them that come here are in jail" 
I have had this argument, sort of in a bubble and not quite as openly hateful, with some folk I know, and its quite alarming the way in which some folk either simply refuse to accept the things that are in that article, or spout similar shot to the facebook morons then refuse to back it up.

I mean, the standard one over the years is they come here cos we give them loads. Ok, well what does an asylum applicant get whilst their application is being considered?

They literally never know.

Then theres the assumption that all of these people get to stay. Which they dont.

Its honestly mental.

40 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.7fc18943593720a3b1928b96befbd0e7.png

Ah yes that bastion of intellectual high culture panto. Also current culture secretary btw.

Someone at Tory Central Office has a f*ckin' wicked sense of humour in getting SpiffSpaff to elevate Nadine Dorries to Cabinet in order to get us libtards frothing.

The absolute dearth of gravitas amongst UK politicians is depressingly bad. 

feel like its cheating/not quite in keeping with the thread to mention 'murica (which has arguably also lost its collective mind since as far back as Vietnam, and has separate threads for Trump's presidency for which theres plenty of ammo) but its too good not to add. I'll justify it as serving as a nice little illustrative crumb of comfort that America too has gone completely insane.

Better ending would be a drone strike wiping out the dog and everyone else in a half mile radius,

I actually saw someone tweet "totally normal country" about the clips shared of teenagers escaping the high school shooting in Michigan but I don't think a load of murdered kids is really in the spirit of this thread, or any other.

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm guessing Stephen Glover's article is going to be an angry, bitter tear-stained mess. Magnificent. 

If the headline is anything to go by, I presume it will be laced intricately with both his salty tears, and one rant after another that allows the reader to go "that Prince Andrew yer on about there mate aye?"

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If the headline is anything to go by, I presume it will be laced intricately with both his salty tears, and one rant after another that allows the reader to go "that Prince Andrew yer on about there mate aye?"

I know little of the case itself, but I hope they have to pay out a fucking fortune. Preferable to a refugee charity or something. c***s. 

This tweet has been widely and deservedly dunked on in the last few days but it’s part of a wider trend in the fabled discourse to use food as a marker for politics.

This is a rare example of it from the Remainer, FBPE wing of Britain, it’s far more common for it to come from the right, terms like “latte drinkers” are the sort of thing I’m talking about, as though a latte is some sort of rare exoticism rather than a drink that you can buy in practically every cafe in the country.

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This tweet has been widely and deservedly dunked on in the last few days but it’s part of a wider trend in the fabled discourse to use food as a marker for politics.

This is a rare example of it from the Remainer, FBPE wing of Britain, it’s far more common for it to come from the right, terms like “latte drinkers” are the sort of thing I’m talking about, as though a latte is some sort of rare exoticism rather than a drink that you can buy in practically every cafe in the country.

"Soy Boy" is one I've seen a lot over the past few years.