Normal Island

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

There's every chance they were just confused by the requirements or attempting to ensure their product was suitable for both the GB and NI markets without having to produce separate packaging. The new rules are a pain in the arse for businesses serving both markets and unclear communication from the government has not helped either. 

It looks like they have determined the salt and pepper a primary ingredient (rightly or wrongly) and gone with it. Probably trying to cover themselves.

I agree it is a bit of a strange thing as its written, but not really noteworthy of outrage. Ultimately, people are getting riled over absolutely nothing. Another 'problem' invented on social media. What a place. 

Don’t think Morrison’s have stores in NI

Used to be only the north of England before buying up Safeway if I remember correctly 

Plus I’m not sure many things in NI get the flag packaging on it for obvious reasons 

Morrisons changing the packaging having been tweeted by some angry people on Twitter has now resulted in a different set of people now becoming angry and threatening boycotts. Great stuff. 
Literally seething over the change to packaging on a chicken crown, having previously lapped it up. Another set of people irreparably broken by the EU referendum, and this lot won it! 
Can't just have been a genuine error, could it? Must be an ulterior motive as if companies purposely set out to piss people off their customers/potential customers. 

I can't really see how "non-EU" can be there as a genuine error. What were they trying to say?

6 hours ago, Michael W said:

Morrisons changing the packaging having been tweeted by some angry people on Twitter has now resulted in a different set of people now becoming angry and threatening boycotts. Great stuff. 

Literally seething over the change to packaging on a chicken crown, having previously lapped it up. Another set of people irreparably broken by the EU referendum, and this lot won it! 

Can't just have been a genuine error, could it? Must be an ulterior motive as if companies purposely set out to piss people off their customers/potential customers. 

I thought it was free advertising. People seething and others celebrating. 

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I can't really see how "non-EU" can be there as a genuine error. What were they trying to say?

Looks to me a very clumsy attempt at adhering to packaging regulations. As they note, the reference isn't being removed entirely, but will be included elsewhere on the packaging as it's needed. It'll be changed to "non-UK" from next year as well. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59134190

Seriously doubt it's some sort of political statement, lest of all from a company that will be importing a lot of goods from the EU and undoubtedly employs a lot of EU workers. Brexit isn't something for them to celebrate. 

Well that's just not true, is it? I do (clearly) find the reaction troubling. It's perfectly placed in this thread as the country continues its mental disintegration becoming irate over small things. 

Didn't even get a £5 voucher for my efforts either. 

Where do you start, in no particular order;

1. Diana been covered well so far.

2. Press vilification of Corbyn.

3. Raoul Moat & bus fulls of scum.

4. Out poppying each other.

5. NHS charities , wtf.

6.  Tories, Eton,  etc

7. Vilification of immigrants

8. The lack of paedo hunters and general outrage not surrounding that waste of air, Prince Andrew.

9. Selfish arseholes buying dogs during lockdown, only to dump them when it all eases off.

10. Lack of accountability surrounding the Tories.

11. Royal Family 

12. Voting for Boris

13. The state of general publics driving abilities or lack of them

14. Banks kidding on their your pals (see ads since 2008). When they ripped off the public for billions.

15. People getting a hard on for Trident

I could be here for days with this. I despise this fxxked up society, time for a Purge.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Seriously doubt it's some sort of political statement, lest of all from a company that will be importing a lot of goods from the EU and undoubtedly employs a lot of EU workers. Brexit isn't something for them to celebrate. 

Whether or not leaving the EU has been good for businesses, the explosion of "BRITISH!" advertising for shopping in recent years has pretty clearly been aimed at roasters who've started checking packaging to avoid any of that foreign muck. Retailers will know that no pro-EU person is going to see this stuff and actually stop buying their products, so they've nothing to lose by gently massaging the xenophobes' pleasure centres.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Oh, are we mocking the dead now? I thought you were better than that!

Apologies.

Lest we forget are brave cop killers.

When the sun goes down (and the roast chicken and fishing rods gave been delivered) we will remember them.