Normal Island

The natural conclusion of the fury tweeters playing out here, namely that it's funny until it happens to them. The pile on stuff is just bonkers and typical government nonsense - what is a pile on, exactly? Would a lot of disagreement that didn't call you a c**t/arsehole/p***k or whatever count? Might cause psychological harm if it looks like people don't agree with you, after all. 

Quite how this will prevent MPs being murdered by knife-wielding (presumable) Islamic extremists that aren't even on Twitter is another thing. But is anyone surprised? You give them the excuse and they'll take it with glee. That's a tick in the box against the "toxic social media" they keep hearing about.

I don't think many would dispute there are serious problems with social media, but this isn't a proportionate response. 

Edited by Michael W

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I don't think many would dispute there are serious problems with social media, but this isn't a proportionate response. 

Yeah, it's not meant to be. This is part of the whole war on protest that's going on. The papers would concentrate on big stories about foul pieces of shit getting the jail after harassing families of murdered children; meanwhile, foul-mouthed critics of government policy will be shaken down and threatened with prosecution.

It'll be worded as loosely as they can get away with.

The "cancel culture" knicker wetters finally getting their wish and making it illegal to be mean on the internet. Be warned I will continue to pursue my enemies with vigour in spite of this.
The great piece of normal island flair on this is that it is in response to an mp being murdered (in the real world not the quote tweets) by someone with no discernible online footprint 

https://chrismcqueer.medium.com/a-weekend-in-twitter-jail-189080ac26d2

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Is there naw a "ruined Christmas" thread kicking about on here somewhere?

Wasn't expecting it so early. 

If Div crashes this site between Dec 24th and Dec 26th he'll ruin Christmas for me.

Might even have to talk to the family...

1 minute ago, Adam said:

^^^^

Fuming he’s not from Scotland’s best city.

Professional Glaswegians are the single biggest blight on Scottish culture. Mcqueer is effectively a new generation's Janey Godley and I defy anyone to tell me what you linked above is either funny or well written

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The "cancel culture" knicker wetters finally getting their wish and making it illegal to be mean on the internet. Be warned I will continue to pursue my enemies with vigour in spite of this.

The great piece of normal island flair on this is that it is in response to an mp being murdered (in the real world not the quote tweets) by someone with no discernible online footprint 

Twitter c***s should do their bullying in person, like the home secretary and the prime minister

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

All the psycho stalker trolls seem to be in their 50s. Just put them all under internet supervision and restricted access to social media until they're 60.