Rate the Teams

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

St Johnstone would possibly be bottom for me, didn’t think they were up to much at all at pittodrie. 

Wouldn’t have county top but definitely above st Johnstone, livi, Dundee, Dundee United and hibs. 

Ross County's performance gave me the same "they'll be alright" feeling I had after St Mirren at home early last year.

Livi were ok. Well organised. Dundee United treated us like they were playing an early 80s Dons team.

Edited by Merkland Red

This is quite hard to base off the games we played against the opposition as some of United's performances were garbage/brilliant (delete as appropriate):

1. Hearts - Still annoyed United didn't get a point in the game had a number of good chances at 1-0 to get back level that Gordon stopped. Suppose that's the difference having a class goalkeeper provides. The fact they're unbeaten after 11 games proves they're a good side as well.

2. Celtic - Should have beat us - although they definitely looked shaky at at the back and are still far from the finished product. Starfelt is the new Duffy imo. Got lucky Kyogo was injured for the game.

3. Aberdeen - Unfairly high, but considering they pumped Utd, can't put them any lower - United's worst performance probably of at least the last two seasons up there on MD1, Aberdeen weren't challenged at all.

4. St Mirren - Very organised team that are hard to break down, Goodwin has them playing well. Will defo be in the fight for Top Six again.

5. Livingston - Defended well with 10 men, although thought United were poor in the second half last night.

6. Rangers - They were very poor against a much poorer United side than the one that's playing now. Obviously have improved - but certainly not as imperious as last season.

7. Ross County - caused problems and refused to give up at Tannadice in the 1-0 game. Having attacking intent as last night proved, so probably showed the good defensive performance by United to produce a clean sheet (not the type Malky Mackay likes imo)

8. Dundee - Derbies are hard to gauge - again thought it was a below par performance against them but a deserved win nonetheless.

9. Motherwell - Only created a handful of chances throughout the game - United deserved winners. Probably a poor performance by them as they've picked up points at Ibrox this season.

10 St Johnstone - meh. Didn't think they caused us too many issues - probably lower because it's a ground United always play poorly at - I'm fully aware this post will bode poorly for Saturday now. 7th and 10th could be separated by a bawhair quite honestly, but Saintees is the team that troubled Utd the least of the four.

11 Hibernian - Our record win in the league at Easter Road so can't really be any higher than 11th - obviously won't finish near the bottom but given United's dominance in the game - esp. in the Second Half don't think Hibees can argue with this. Thought they were also very poor in the League Cup game (which I'm not basing this off otherwise they'd be higher) and the 3-1 flattered them massively especially given two very poor decisions (pen. and offside goal).

1. Hibs. Absolutely tore us to pieces in that game. Admittedly not sure we were fully fit after the Covid debale but it could easily have been five or six.

2. Celtic. Though they huffed and puffed in front of goal without Kyogo, they did look pretty decent and had a ton of shots. 

3. Rangers. Scored four, battered us for twenty minutes but did look a bit shaky at the back.

4. Hearts. Similar to the above, except they only conceded two. Very little between 3rd and 4th.

5. St. Mirren. Although we scored twice and one of the goals was a horrfic screw up St. Mirren probably just about deserved to win this, They were generally decent.

6. St. Johnstone. Similar to the above, were the better side but didn't create quite as much as St. Mirren.

7. Dundee Utd. On their first half showing would be 5th, on the 2nd 8th so about here feels right.

8. Aberdeen. A lot of possession but did hee haw with it. 

9. Motherwell. The first ten minutes aside, we outplayed Motherwell but Tony Watt just loves playing against us.

10. Livi. Until Dundee, they were odds on for bottom. Scored three from three but weren't overly impressive.

11. Dundee. Worse than I expected. Toothless up front and awful at the back. I hyped up Lee Ashcroft on a podcast and he went on to have a shocker.

1. Celtic - totally dominant, toyed with us from start to finish
2. Ross County - hopefully just an aberration, but blistering pace and excellent finishing
3. St Johnstone - piss easy for them once again, even at home where they kinda suck
4. Hearts - clearly a very good and well shaped team, just couldn't break us down enough
5. Dundee Utd - never were in much danger, suffered from a lack of goalscoring
6. Hibernian - very up and down performance i recall it being, a draw was fair
7. Rangers - not very impressive, unfortunately one bit of quality is enough to beat us
8. Motherwell - still annoyed we lost this, if Charlie stays on we get something out of this one
9. St Mirren - started strong but fell out the game, Anderson's awful tackle saved them a point imo
10. Aberdeen - looked flat and out of ideas
11. Livingston - still seething that we didn't win this

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1. Aberdeen - I don't think we touched the ball

2. Hearts - again dominated although we were at least in a game

3. Celtic - although we played well they did bit the bar 14 times

4. Livi - solid. 11 v 11 who knows

5. St Mirren - pretty even

6. Motherwell - caused us problems and unlucky to lose

7. Rangers - slow and ponderous although they obviously have quality on the park

8. St Johnstone - the following are pretty interchangeable but Saintees sit above them bu not being dreadful but just having nothing going on.

9. Hibs - really poor but we were really good.

1o. Dundee - one our worst performances and we still pumped them. Midfield all empty jerseys 

11. County - I'm not having the "came back into it " narrative. They looked every inch a championship bound team

Can only judge what I’ve seen.

1. Heart of Midlothian (2-0 loss)

They were good all over the park. Midfield kept pushing United back. Both strikers scored, and even when United rallied a wee bit second half, Gordon was well up to it. Two very good saves. Comfortably beat. 

2. Rangers (1-0 win)

Ranking second but with massive gap to the performance Hearts put in at Tannadice. Obviously they had lots of possession as they always do, but quite wasteful. The last 10 mins wasn’t as twitchy as expected. 

3. Ross County (1-0 win)

There’s really not much between what I saw from County, Motherwell or Dundee in our 3 narrow wins. County ahead because they felt most likely to get an equaliser. 

4. Dundee (1-0 win)

If their “disgraced, former Scotland star” had his shooting boots on they’d maybe have nicked an unlikely point. Defensive error for our winner.  

5. Motherwell (2-1 win)

Let us have lots of time, certainly first half, to pass it about. Never really felt threatened that an equaliser was coming after going 2-1 up. 

6. St Johnstone (A)(1-0 win)

Not trolling ahead of Saturday, but the worst performance by an opponent I’ve seen this season. Just a squad struggling to juggle Europe, I suppose. Looked off the pace then and would expect more this weekend. 

Edited by East Coast Warrior

7 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

2. Celtic - Should have beat us - although they definitely looked shaky at at the back and are still far from the finished product. Starfelt is the new Duffy imo. Got lucky Kyogo was injured for the game.

I think you’re being very, very harsh 

He might not be a world beater but Starfelt is a million times better than Duffy was for us 

2 hours ago, East Coast Warrior said:

6. St Johnstone (A)(1-0 win)

Not trolling ahead of Saturday, but the worst performance by an opponent I’ve seen this season. Just a squad struggling to juggle Europe, I suppose. Looked off the pace then and would expect more this weekend. 

Tbh I doubt many Saints fan would argue with you. We were awful that day and seemed a yard slow to everything.

Manager made a mistake, and I'm sure admitted as much, by not changing the line up more between European games.