Killie vs Queens 30th October 2021

What faith shown in them? AJ basically made out post match at Hamilton that we were getting nothing from the Killie game and his set-up backed up his words. Both screamed of "right lads, you've no danger of getting anything from this game, let's just try and keep the score down". I'm all for keeping it tight in away games but ffs his Plan B was Plan A.

If you're a player in that side and your manager has absolutely no confidence in your ability then I imagine it would get you down somewhat.

I think he has been very loyal to several players who haven’t played well for weeks. Keeping under-performers in the team when we have some decent options on the bench like East and McGrory is what I’m referring to.

Yesterday was just awful!  Complete lack of shape, and nothing that resembles a game plan.  

We were poor against a poor Hamilton side Tuesday night, and worse yesterday.  Kilmarnock are a considerably better side than Hamilton but they were still there for the taking.  Had we shown any interest in taking the game to them they may well have struggled.  However, our lack of fight made it little more than a training exercise for them.  Defending at 3rd and 4th goals was abysmal.  This bedraggled mess of a team shows a manager out of his depth that has lost the dressing room.

Having forked out good money to attend both matches I now feel a bit short changed.  I would not imagine I am alone alone in this.  Change is urgently needed.

31 minutes ago, Katboy said:

We were poor against a poor Hamilton side Tuesday night, and worse yesterday.  Kilmarnock are a considerably better side than Hamilton but they were still there for the taking.  Had we shown any interest in taking the game to them they may well have struggled. 

I beg to differ. We were as good as you were awful. Had you upped your game, it may not have been 4-0, but “there for the taking “ is a stretch. 

I think folk are going a bit OTT on our performance on the basis of the eventual scoreline. It was definitely a bit of an improvement, but there are other games this season where we've played nearly as well but haven't had the break that led to an early goal.

45 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

There for the taking 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, it's maybe a tricky line to hold in the wake of a 4-0 defeat.

I kind of know what he's meaning though.  "There to be got at" might have been more accurate.  Obviously, we were barely ever in the game at all, but I think it's the complete lack of ambition we show that's behind the comment.  Kilmarnock are significantly better than us, but not so wildly out of our league (certainly based on the last meeting) that we should be surrendering possession and territory as willingly as seemed evident.

We're not going to arrest our run of form without at least trying to cause sides the occasional problem.

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, it's maybe a tricky line to hold in the wake of a 4-0 defeat.

I kind of know what he's meaning though.  "There to be got at" might have been more accurate.  Obviously, we were barely ever in the game at all, but I think it's the complete lack of ambition we show that's behind the comment.  Kilmarnock are significantly better than us, but not so wildly out of our league (certainly based on the last meeting) that we should be surrendering possession and territory as willingly as seemed evident.

We're not going to arrest our run of form without at least trying to cause sides the occasional problem.

Think that last sentence is the crux, never looked to have any sustained approach to try and win the game. That said, some of the stuff we've been subjected to this season not sure thats been part of the plan either.