Killie vs Queens 30th October 2021

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good that Todd is back in. Getting fed up seeing Johnston starting though. He's a young lad and will likely improve. As thing stands he isn't good enough just now though and isn't bringing anything to the side - unless I'm missing it?

I assume Paton will be doing the thankless task of lone striker today.

Even less reason to be playing aimless high balls up front with no obvious target man. That's not to say it won't happen of course.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

If I wasn't so apathetic I would be raging at the inclusion of Max Johnston.

A literal child keeping Gibson out of RB where Gibson has shone so often simply because his dad can't bring himself to drop him. It is so unprofessional. That's both the management team now put their own kids' careers ahead of the club's best interests.

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

The issue for me is that I think we need Gibson in midfield. Tuesday was even more of a complete shambles until Johnston moved Gibson from LWB to midfield. 

It isn’t the team I’d have picked, but good to see a bit of a reshuffle up front to try something different. 

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good that Todd is back in. Getting fed up seeing Johnston starting though. He's a young lad and will likely improve. As thing stands he isn't good enough just now though and isn't bringing anything to the side - unless I'm missing it?

I assume Paton will be doing the thankless task of lone striker today.

Even more thankless if we punt high balls up to him (and Connelly). I can't even be arsed streaming this. 

Even more thankless if we punt high balls up to him (and Connelly). I can't even be arsed streaming this. 

I had absolutely no intention of watching until I noticed it was £9.99. It'll pass a couple of hours I suppose.

I think the line-up is a step in the right direction, with the obvious dubious selection of Johnston jr. I would have liked this team but with Roy up front with Paton (dropping Max and moving Gibson over).

My worry is that we get gubbed and our manager turns round and says, well we tried passing it around with smaller guys up front but it didn't work.

I haven't got the live stream, so await updates on how the game's going.

Cheers.

Probably the first of a hatful for Killie.

Our lack of ambition is astonishing.  As soon as Killie gain posession there's 20 men in our half.  We'll probably now be trying to shitfest a 0-1 defeat.

No surprise - team set up as if we are trying to avoid a heavy defeat rather than actually trying to win the game. Have never subscribed to boring ultra defensive tactics. Will be interesting to see what level of urgency we have, if any, to get back into the game.

Meh. Both AJ and the zoomer doing the co-commentary appear to think we're playing Liverpool today.

Killie have dominated possession but frustratingly have barely laid a glove on us. The usual Achilles's heel strikes again. We've looked pretty shit but when we actually get the ball down and relax we've not looked too terrible. If AJ actually let's the boys have a go we might get something. This sitting in is pitiful.

Where did you guys get the co-commentator? I know he's a Killie fan but ffs try and at least sound a bit neutral at times. The highlight for me being "Queens haven't done anything apart from some crosses into our box". Maybe wind that in a bit when your "best performance of the season" has resulted in cutting us open once through the centre. Killie have only looked dangerous at crosses.