Killie vs Queens 30th October 2021

So we go into the Killie game with absolutely no confidence in our manager of being able to get a result against the title favourites. As many have said in our own forum AJ now has to start playing players in their natural position and stop moving everyone about. We need to play to our strengths as we do not have big powerful players that can bully other teams. We have a small younger squad who are better with the ball on the deck please play to these qualities. Cameron obviously cant play against his own club but almost definitely AJ will play Ruben and Roy although I would go Paton and Roy to minimise the amount of long balls that McKay and Debayo play and McGrory has to come back in holding midfield as he gets on the ball. As I said at the start our inept manager is constantly changing hoping he falls onto a system that gets us results similar to last year. I would like our manager replaced as I don't see him riding his luck for another year and if we continue with him we will really struggle to avoid relegation.. His interview the other night seemed to totally blame the players he never takes any responsibility for our performances. But to be honest do our BOD's really want to stay in the championship ?

The Doonhamers gave us a tough game at Palmerston and I'm expecting the same again. Willie Gibson will fire them up. 

Killie just have to build on the Ayr result. We've only one objective this season and despite not firing on all cylinders we find ourselves in pole position. 

I think it'll be a tight game 1 0 or 2 1. To Queens fans travelling, enjoy your day in Killie. 

8 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The Doonhamers gave us a tough game at Palmerston and I'm expecting the same again. Willie Gibson will fire them up. 

The 1st game was when we were playing okay but losing, we have now progressed to not playing well and losing!

Was looking forward to a  visit to Kilmarnock for this fixture but after Tuesday nights showing  I'm giving it a miss. Only so much despair you can handle in a week. We'll probably "Queens" it though and lift our game against the big boys like we often do, if we don't show the slightest sign of improvement we're in for a doing I fear. I can't wait to see what Johnston's Team and Tactics tombola throws up this time. Hopefully Killie will have an off day and we can maybe dream of a draw, I fear it's going to more of a nightmare though. 

It's going one of two ways.  The ex-manager returns and we get an unexpected win or we get what our form indicates which is a right good humping.

I wasn't adverse to AJ being given a long term contract (l-t by our standards) and hoped it would giveus some stability to build, but it appears I was wrong.  

Our Killie friends must be thinking that we're a miserable bunch!

Well, most of us are 'glass half empty' types at the moment; there's not much optimism in the air. I've went from disappointed to worried and now heading towards despondent.

I think our manager is of the usual type in that he's the football man and so knows better than us fans who've "never played the game". Of course, to paraphrase the old saying, you don't have to be a tradesman to recognise a shit job when you see one!

As others say, please stop chopping and changing; play people in their best positions; stop the back to front hoofing etc etc.

Any chance? Thought as much....

23 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Well, most of us are 'glass half empty' types at the moment; there's not much optimism in the air. I've went from disappointed to worried and now heading towards despondent.

I think our manager is of the usual type in that he's the football man and so knows better than us fans who've "never played the game". Of course, to paraphrase the old saying, you don't have to be a tradesman to recognise a shit job when you see one!

As others say, please stop chopping and changing; play people in their best positions; stop the back to front hoofing etc etc.

Don't know about being a "glass half empty" type, the arse has fallen right out of my glass. Living near Palmerston and having a season ticket, I'll just stick to home games from now on, unless there's a definite sign of improvement. Allan Johnston just needs to stop messing about with the team and tactics, I think we've got the players good enough to climb clear of the relegation zone but we need to get them playing as a settled team and settled formation. 

2 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Yeh, I thought AJ was going to be another Bobby Willamson for us. More like Bobby fucking Davro. 

We're still grinding out results like our effort at Palmerston so yiu never know.

1-0 Killie. 

Edited by kilMARKnock
Thumbs

- Johnston to stick with his boy

- Johnston to tell us post-match it's a hard place to come

- Johnston to tell us post-match Kilmarnock are a quality side with Premiership players

- Johnston to blame the players and take no responsibility for our inevitable shit display

Perm 3 out of 4. Though the accumulator should be a safe bet.

Lads, this is a safe space for you to talk. Truly, we know what you're going through. We suffered at the hands of this managerial monster a long time ago. We've tried hard to suppress those awful nemories, but sometimes I still lie sweating in the night, having horrible dreams in which he's still Killie manager and I have to listen to another one of his moronic post-match interviews. 

You have my sympathy and I am here for you. 

I don't think it's presumptuous to be almost expecting three points from this, but would it be asking too much for Killie to start winning in style?

Last-minute penalties are all very well (especially against the neighbours), but I'd like to see the occasional thrashing of opponents. Not specifically Queens, mind - I've got a mate who used to play for them, and their posters on here are a decent bunch - but Hamilton, Morton or ICT being on the receiving end of Oli's first hat-trick for us would please me greatly.

Realistically, though, I'll take three points any way they come, and hope that Queens start to pick up the points they need against other sides.

Johnston is a Manager who seems to be adequate with a small squad but handling a bigger squad seems to be beyond his capabilities as he tinkers with his starting XI, moves players from one position to another from game to game, and struggles to find a formation that works.