Glass's Galacticos v Neilson's Numpties

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

It'd be harsh to drop Gnanduillet after being so patient for a start and playing well, but if Boyce is fit he'll come right back in. Cochrane in for Halliday as well and I reckon that'll be the only two changes for us. Tough game with Aberdeen looking markedly better the last few weeks, but we could really do with a win to end this run of draws.  But a draw is what I think it'll be.

Halliday?

As in Andy Halliday?

Please play him.

Has this attendance situation been explained on another thread? Keep reading people saying that the attendance will be more than 10k, but all the official stuff from Aberdeen, and in the media saying they are only selling <10k tickets.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Has this attendance situation been explained on another thread? Keep reading people saying that the attendance will be more than 10k, but all the official stuff from Aberdeen, and in the media saying they are only selling <10k tickets.

<10k adult supporters I believe.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

<10k adult supporters I believe.

Ah, okay. Cheers. 👍

That’s some genuinely tragic stuff, if that’s what he’s pulling. 😄

Tory then, I’m guessing?

Edited by Kyle Reese

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Both stadiums are shitholes. No idea why you're trying to argue otherwise.

Correct. That new stand wee budge blew way too much on (whilst failing to add more corporate space) that looks like an 80s office block from the outside doesnt persuade me Tynecastle isnt also shit.

Our performance levels have generally been very good this season and we again played some good stuff the other night, but I don't have a great feeling about this game. It seems Aberdeen had a lot of success pressing Rangers and that's something we struggled with in the first half-hour against St Johnstone. We also tend to like to dominate the ball and their better results have come when they've had less possession.

I'm pretty sure we'll need to be much more clinical than we have been recently so hopefully Gnanduillet brings his shooting boots this time (assuming he owns some).

There was a bit of a gap forming between 4th place and the rest. Win today, and 5th down will have a bit of a job catching us. Lose and things start to tighten up a bit. Aberdeen are the best team outside the top four in my view. Important game for us if the ambition is to secure European football. 

We aren’t where we are by accident, we are a handy side. Need to get back to winning ways though. Controlling games and creating chances is nice, but these draws are starting to cost us. Hope Boyce is back.

15 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

There was a bit of a gap forming between 4th place and the rest. Win today, and 5th down will have a bit of a job catching us. Lose and things start to tighten up a bit. Aberdeen are the best team outside the top four in my view. Important game for us if the ambition is to secure European football. 

We aren’t where we are by accident, we are a handy side. Need to get back to winning ways though. Controlling games and creating chances is nice, but these draws are starting to cost us. Hope Boyce is back.

Meh. I think in the 18/19 season you beat us at tynecastle and went 10 points clear and it was thought that was insurmountable. 

We finished 16 points clear of hearts and that was when we weren’t particularly good. 

Not predicting it to happen again, my point is merely that we’re still very early. 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Meh. I think in the 18/19 season you beat us at tynecastle and went 10 points clear and it was thought that was insurmountable. 

We finished 16 points clear of hearts and that was when we weren’t particularly good. 

Not predicting it to happen again, my point is merely that we’re still very early. 

Absolutely, it’s very early I agree. Hoped that was apparent from my post. However, I think if we were to win today, I’d be expecting Aberdeen to finish no higher than fourth. If Aberdeen were to win, then I think they will get themselves back in the mix for the European slots. I meant what I said previously, I think Aberdeen are the best side outside of the current top four, and over the next few weeks I expect them to climb above the other teams below Dundee United. The Levein season you mention, where we had that phenomenal start was gut wrenching. It was a collapse unlike pretty much anything I’ve ever seen. We were very reliant on Stevie Naismith, and once he got injured along with about half a dozen of our other most important players, we fell apart and never recovered. I think we have a better squad now though. Younger guys with energy, and better players outside the first 11. This squad feels a lot less fragile.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Gnando was decent on Wednesday.  Something similar will be fine if our midfielders/wingers get closer to him.

Narrow margins. He came close a couple of times. He’s not seen a lot of action this season, so hopefully he’s up to speed now. I’d still feel a lot happier knowing Boyce was fit.