Glass's Galacticos v Neilson's Numpties

5 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

It’ll be somewhere beyond the back o the fag packet economics that is your new stadium!

I've been visiting Pittodrie since Fergie was Manager and I struggle to see any upgrade in any part of that shithole of a stadium.  Interesting their journey from European trophy winners to tin pot embarrassment.  

12 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I've been visiting Pittodrie since Fergie was Manager and I struggle to see any upgrade in any part of that shithole of a stadium.  Interesting their journey from European trophy winners to tin pot embarrassment.  

Trying way too hard buddy. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Whereas you missed out the first part.

Obviously I’m a teeny tiny bit biased here, but I think Tynecastle looks brilliant these days. It’s just so compact, and sort of industrial looking. Gorgie was always a pretty industrial area, and the compact blocky style of the stadium feels appropriate for our roots in the area. It also looks like one structure. I always prefer stadia that look like one complete entity and not just four separate buildings.

32CCB116-B7AC-478E-AAD8-DE74C59B9D21.jpeg

633E8733-A820-4FC6-A64F-FBFC96F5D289.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Obviously I’m a teeny tiny bit biased here, but I think Tynecastle looks brilliant these days. It’s just so compact, and sort of industrial looking. Gorgie was always a pretty industrial area, and the compact blocky style of the stadium feels appropriate for our roots in the area. It also looks like one structure. I always prefer stadia that look like one complete entity and not just four separate buildings.

The stadium patter only really works with your hibee chums.

We love pittodrie because it’s ours but doubt many dandies are under any illusion it’s an attractive stadium for the neutral other than a bit of old fashioned nostalgia of what stadia used to be like. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The bigger question is how will we fit in the 2nd tier in each stand and get the corners filled in?

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The stadium patter only really works with your hibee chums.

We love pittodrie because it’s ours but doubt many dandies are under any illusion it’s an attractive stadium for the neutral other than a bit of old fashioned nostalgia of what stadia used to be like. 

I wasn’t really doing that to be honest. There was already stadium chat, and I was offering my own opinion on it. I admit I will be biased, but if I was a true neutral, then I think I’d still feel that way about Tynie, in how it looks at least.

Pittodrie is what it is. It will need to be addressed soon you would think. Unfair to judge it to harshly until you get the new one. 

6 minutes ago, Andy Möller's Penalty said:

The bigger question is how will we fit in the 2nd tier in each stand and get the corners filled in?

The age old Hearts conundrum. I propose we just buy Gorgie and turn it in to a Heart of Midlothian athletes’ village. 

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I first visited Tynecastle in 1985, and, as you'll be aware, that really was a shithole, and Pittodrie looked modern compared to the rest of the crumbling hovels scattered around the country.

Nowadays, after years of neglect and the ridiculous building of the outsized Dick Donald, it's admittedly Pittodrie that's looking her age.

The away fan won't see the stadium's granite facade at the Merkland Road entrance, which still looks good, but the stadium is no longer fit for purpose. I'll be devasted though the day it's pulled down completely.

I'm pretty sure there was around 30,000 in Tynecastle for a Scottish Cup quarter-final tie against us in March 1985 but AFC heritage says it was only 23,900...I don't think that's right though

Edited by Bogbrush1903

36 minutes ago, Andy Möller's Penalty said:

That would actually be good. It would mean that all of our fans wanting to go to Tynecastle would then get in, unlike the last number of years.