Should Scottish Refs be made to declare their support.

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I think you need to look again at who is moaning about refs being biased 

Past studies have indicated that multiple factors may influence sport referees' decisions, such as pressure from spectators and athletes' reputation. Grounded in the social impact theory framework, this study examined whether Norwegian Premier League (NPL) referees are biased by a team's success when awarding penalties. Using video footage (similar to video assistant referees), an expert panel (EP) of four NPL referees evaluated all potential penalty situations (N = 43) involving either of two successful teams during an entire NPL season. Fifty-five potential penalty situations from matches without successful teams were also rated. Overall, the match referees identified 73.3% (22 of 30) of the EP-identified penalties during matches without successful teams. Successful teams were awarded 110% (11 of 10) of the EP-identified penalties, while their opponents were awarded 12.5% (1 of 8). Chi square statistic revealed that successful teams were more likely to receive an incorrect penalty compared with their opponents, and less likely to be denied a penalty they should have been awarded. These findings indicate that referees' decisions may be unintentionally biased by a team's success, extending our knowledge about how football referees may be influenced by social forces.

Frontiers | Referee Bias in Professional Football: Favoritism Toward Successful Teams in Potential Penalty Situations | Sports and Active Living (frontiersin.org)

And that isn't even taking into consideration the numerous other factors involved in Scotland peculiar circumstances.

Edited by Suspect Device

11 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Past studies have indicated that multiple factors may influence sport referees' decisions, such as pressure from spectators and athletes' reputation. Grounded in the social impact theory framework, this study examined whether Norwegian Premier League (NPL) referees are biased by a team's success when awarding penalties. Using video footage (similar to video assistant referees), an expert panel (EP) of four NPL referees evaluated all potential penalty situations (N = 43) involving either of two successful teams during an entire NPL season. Fifty-five potential penalty situations from matches without successful teams were also rated. Overall, the match referees identified 73.3% (22 of 30) of the EP-identified penalties during matches without successful teams. Successful teams were awarded 110% (11 of 10) of the EP-identified penalties, while their opponents were awarded 12.5% (1 of 8). Chi square statistic revealed that successful teams were more likely to receive an incorrect penalty compared with their opponents, and less likely to be denied a penalty they should have been awarded. These findings indicate that referees' decisions may be unintentionally biased by a team's success, extending our knowledge about how football referees may be influenced by social forces.

Frontiers | Referee Bias in Professional Football: Favoritism Toward Successful Teams in Potential Penalty Situations | Sports and Active Living (frontiersin.org)

And that isn't even taking into consideration the numerous other factors involved in Scotland peculiar circumstances.

All you need to do is take a look at this forum and see who it is that’s constantly moaning about refs being biased and cheating…. While accusing others of doing it without a hint of irony 

10 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Based on the amount of trophies won by Celtic since Madden became a referee I would guess not very much.

Tbh I was at it as I don’t really find Madden biased and find him one of the better referees in Scottish football.The only time I was really 🤨 about him was when the **** were skint and had the heating off for their pitch in the championship and it was iced over. Madden agreed to try and play the match saying that he thought the ice would break up over a few minutes but it didn’t and the match was abandoned not long after it kicked off. Bit strange to start a match knowing it wasn’t fit to play on. It was on the TV though so may have had pressure from elsewhere too.

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Tbh I was at it as I don’t really find Madden biased and find him one of the better referees in Scottish football.The only time I was really 🤨 about him was when the **** were skint and had the heating off for their pitch in the championship and it was iced over. Madden agreed to try and play the match saying that he thought the ice would break up over a few minutes but it didn’t and the match was abandoned not long after it kicked off. Bit strange to start a match knowing it wasn’t fit to play on. It was on the TV though so may have had pressure from elsewhere too.

His performance in the semi final was shocking, I thought he was retiring at the end of the season after watching that, a ‘f**k it’ performance. Now I know why. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

It was against Hearts I believe and I seem to remember a lot of both sets of fans got stuck on the M8 for hours due to the weather so when you think about it like that it was pretty funny.

On 19/06/2022 at 10:50, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What is his actual profession?

[Obvious gag goes here]

I'm fairly sure it was mentioned on one of The Terrace podcasts that he is a logistics or stock manager or something like that for a warehouse.

On 18/06/2022 at 12:59, Sortmeout said:

It was against Hearts I believe and I seem to remember a lot of both sets of fans got stuck on the M8 for hours due to the weather so when you think about it like that it was pretty funny.

It was this one https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/sea/2014-15.html

Hearts were 13 points clear with 16 games remaining so if Rangers were going to challenge they really needed the fightback to start there and then so it was seen as a big event at the time.

Madden also took charge of the replay but by that time the championship was decided

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/201504051.html

On 22/06/2022 at 18:43, 10menwent2mow said:

Ach, it'll be ok, because once we get VAR, the decisions that Rangers and Celtic routinely get will be properly adjudicated. The refs will be more than happy to overrule the onfield decisions that they've made and it'll be reffing utopia. 

Apart from when you play either at their home grounds, where there will be less VAR cameras.