Should Scottish Refs be made to declare their support.

18 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

It's funny in the most pathetic of ways that the governing bodies let it happen continuously in full view for everyone to see to help their precious new club. Was same with the old club. 

Most reds knew we wouldn't be allowed to win tonight. Anyway, west coast/new rangers bias :-

Porteous sent off v Hibs for a yellow.

Aribo grabbing hearts boy by throat and it's hearts manager sent to stand.

Tonight, although we knew it was coming it was how blatant that decision was to help his pathetic club. Well done John Beaton. As corrupt as both club's you've supported.

Pathetic. 

You missed the ‘foul’ for their first goal last night. Great tackle. 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Steven McLean's brother also played for Rangers, Motherwell, Falkirk, Dundee United, Ross County, Hibs, Dumbarton and Morton, so if you're ruling out them and their rivals too then you're basically telling him he can't have a refereeing career.

Why would I be ruling out him refereeing all of those clubs? His brother bounced about clubs making a hatful of appearances for most of them. It’s a big jump to his dad being a club legend with over 500 appearances across 17 seasons.

I know you’re fully aware of that, you’re just being deliberately obtuse.

Edit - while I wouldn’t necessarily advocate it, as someone else has pointed you could make a case for ruling some of the others out anyway. If you have family ties to a particular club you shouldn’t be refereeing their games.

Edited by eez-eh

4 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Craig Thompson in 2012 blatantly favoured the team he supported, made the difference giving a penalty and red card at 2-1 that was a yard outside the box plus a couple of waggy fingers and no cards for his Jambo heroes lunges. I'd make them announce who they support and get in English refs or the Polish dudes from 2010 if they're not happy. 

But you're over it eh?  🤣

2 hours ago, Jarballs said:
On 28/10/2021 at 18:00, Clown Job said:
Didn’t the SFA allow them to explain decisions via a blog on the website once upon a time?

Never saw it myself but I believe it was called 'Whistleblowers' or something like that.

Trouble is they still mate a mess of it.

Craig Thomson went on it to explain disallowing a late Morton goal at Hamilton by saying he didn’t actually see the handball, he only suspected it.

He then went on to say that the linesman couldn’t confirm that it wasn’t handball!

So basically a goal chalked off for a handball the officials didn’t see.

Then the media did what they do and started twisting it, making tables of mistakes and using parts out of context in articles, so they stopped it.
Here's one table:

League games since a red card

Hearts 1
Motherwell 1
Livi 1
Hibs 2
Aberdeen 6
St Johnstone 6
St mirren 9
Dundee Utd 11
Dundee 13
Celtic 17
Ross county 36
Rangers 66

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Here's one table:

League games since a red card

Hearts 1
Motherwell 1
Livi 1
Hibs 2
Aberdeen 6
St Johnstone 6
St mirren 9
Dundee Utd 11
Dundee 13
Celtic 17
Ross county 36
Rangers 66

If they refs are cheating on our behalf it would be nice if they could at least give us as many penalties as Hibs and Hearts. Turn a couple of the draws we've had into wins and we'd be coasting. 

On 01/11/2021 at 16:48, Jarballs said:
On 28/10/2021 at 18:00, Clown Job said:
Didn’t the SFA allow them to explain decisions via a blog on the website once upon a time?

Never saw it myself but I believe it was called 'Whistleblowers' or something like that.

This did use to happen a few years ago and I have a recollection that it was discontinued to to opposition from the clubs. Apparently there was a legal argument that comments in a public forum were in some way unduly impacting on any appeals process.