Should Scottish Refs be made to declare their support.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

Bates pulls Sakala's shirt = Refs are pure cheating so they are 😀

Yeah. Can just see a similar reaction if it's 2-1 to rangers at parkhead In the next Celtic rangers game and it's (insert name here) Celtic supporting ref ( I believe it's Kevin Clancy is flavour of the month at the moment) awards dodgy pen to Celtic. It'll just be a tug of the shirt and we saw why it was given. Trying too hard min. 

3 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

It's funny in the most pathetic of ways that the governing bodies let it happen continuously in full view for everyone to see to help their precious new club. Was same with the old club. 

Most reds knew we wouldn't be allowed to win tonight. Anyway, west coast/new rangers bias :-

Porteous sent off v Hibs for a yellow.

Aribo grabbing hearts boy by throat and it's hearts manager sent to stand.

Tonight, although we knew it was coming it was how blatant that decision was to help his pathetic club. Well done John Beaton. As corrupt as both club's you've supported.

Pathetic. 

Reminds me of Craig Levein's comments back in 2008 regarding Mike McCurry. Seemingly nothing has changed over the past 13 years.

I know alot of guys who are refs and they fast track any young refs from the west coast, it's a rolling joke among referees that the only way to get anywhere with the SFA is to be from the west coast. These c***s know exactly what they're doing.

53 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I know alot of guys who are refs and they fast track any young refs from the west coast, it's a rolling joke among referees that the only way to get anywhere with the SFA is to be from the west coast. These c***s know exactly what they're doing.

IIRC, the vast majority of referees are from 2 associations, Glasgow and (somewhere else, maybe Lanarkshire?).

The chances of refs from those associations being "rangers or celtic minded" are somewhat higher than those of refs from elsewhere. I saw a graphic a while back and it was staggering how few officials were from outside those 2 associations.

Even if it isnt overt, if most officials are from the west, they are bombarded with rangers and celtic media, surrounded by people who support those teams - then it is unsurprising if there is a conscious or unconscious leaning against penalising those teams.

Are we the only country in the world to allow referees to cover games involving the team they support.

Even if we accept that most of them are just incompetent rather than corrupt, it opens them up to the accusation of cheating,.

Obviously in Scotland when about half of the people who regularly attend football follow one of 2 teams, it would be difficult to get enough referees but we need to find a way.

IIRC, the vast majority of referees are from 2 associations, Glasgow and (somewhere else, maybe Lanarkshire?).
The chances of refs from those associations being "rangers or celtic minded" are somewhat higher than those of refs from elsewhere. I saw a graphic a while back and it was staggering how few officials were from outside those 2 associations.
Even if it isnt overt, if most officials are from the west, they are bombarded with rangers and celtic media, surrounded by people who support those teams - then it is unsurprising if there is a conscious or unconscious leaning against penalising those teams.
I think its Glasgow and Ayrshire.

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:
20 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think its Glasgow and Ayrshire.

In that case, I suppose it would be churlish of us to limit the employment opportunities of people from the most deprived areas...............................

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Don't worry chaps, VAR will sort it all out.

I know you may well be being facetious but in all seriousness, it won't fix anything. They couldn't look at the free kick given against Ferguson before the first goal although I am led to believe Morelos was offside. Sure they'd find a way to still give the goal though. The fact Kamara wasn't booked for scything down Hayes was a joke. Nothing Var can do about that and there is no way Beaton would overturn that penalty, decision still ultimately lies with him and if he's decided it's a pen then he isn't going to overrule himself. 

8 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I wouldn't want a known Aberdeen fan reffing an Aberdeen game because of the obvious thinking he would give us everything. And if it was in the open then there would be no need for whataboutery like tonight. As I say, I understand most people will have been affiliated to one or the other, but they just ref Livi, Aberdeen, hearts, Hibs and all the other top flight clubs, whereas the rest of the refs officiate rangers and Celtic games. Can't be that hard. 

The difference being of course is that Rangers fans do want Beaton to referee their games as he supports them too.

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

A friend of mine is a Premier league official, they are asked, and he is not allowed to do Aberdeen games.

If that is true, and I'm really sceptical, it must be a recent rule change. Craig Thompson and Iain Brines used to regularly ref St. Mirren games, Eddie Smith Celtic games and I'm sure there are many other examples.

To put a bit of perspective on this, I don’t think Beaton is actually setting out with an agenda or is consciously gifting rangers big decisions. 

However, if he is the supporter people say he is then I refuse to believe he isn’t influenced at all by the fact it’s a noisy ibrox and they’re losing. He is still human and subject to bias like everyone is. 

9 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I wouldn't want a known Aberdeen fan reffing an Aberdeen game because of the obvious thinking he would give us everything. And if it was in the open then there would be no need for whataboutery like tonight. As I say, I understand most people will have been affiliated to one or the other, but they just ref Livi, Aberdeen, hearts, Hibs and all the other top flight clubs, whereas the rest of the refs officiate rangers and Celtic games. Can't be that hard. 

Alan Freeland refereed us years ago. Think it was Dundee away. He went too far the other way and didn't give us a thing in the first half. One of the other officials must have had a word in his year because he then went far too far in the other direction in the second half. Can't remember if he gave Dundee a dodgy red, us a dodgy pen or both.

Edit: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alan-freeland/bilanz/schiedsrichter/139/sort/rote_karten_g.desc

Looks like his one and only Dons game.

Edited by Merkland Red