Goodwillie v fans fault Falkirk

6 hours ago, Clydeside said:

Highlights up on Falkirk TV.

That penalty and red card is a nonsense. Doesn't even resemble a foul. Hetherington might've put his hand on Cunningham but Cunningham was on his way down lunging for the ball in any case and there looked to be no pressure applied by the contact.

A more potent attacking team would probably have done us for five (again).

Yet people came away fae tuesdays meeting feeling better about things!

a head of football with zero to say 

never a penalty so could easily have been another 4 or 5 humping

Everyone seems to want to take no responsibility for the squad that’s been put together except Danny Lennon. If there’s a recruitment process he can only sign who they put up in front of him

as they all keep pointing out he makes the choice on signing but whit if they are all poor players. He’s being brought? Whoever he signs will be bad.

As for no having a spare ball at the ready? Just a complete red neck

Everyone seems to want to take no responsibility for the squad that’s been put together except Danny Lennon. If there’s a recruitment process he can only sign who they put up in front of him
as they all keep pointing out he makes the choice on signing but whit if they are all poor players. He’s being brought? Whoever he signs will be bad.

To be fair they did say at the meeting that Danny, through his contacts, may identify players to be scouted.

He also has the ability to override the scouting process if he fancies/ doesn't fancy a player.

Danny is fully responsible. I'm sure that will be stated in his remit and will be reflected in his salary.

21 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

To be fair they did say at the meeting that Danny, through his contacts, may identify players to be scouted.

He also has the ability to override the scouting process if he fancies/ doesn't fancy a player.

Danny is fully responsible. I'm sure that will be stated in his remit and will be reflected in his salary.

Not sure what his wages have to do wae it?!? But the buck will be stopping wae him that’s for sure. There’s usually a reason a team has the worst squad and I suppose it’s poor wages. Ah just don’t think he was given enough and ah wonder if he had the time over if he’d have gone for less players on more wages then pleaded for more to pad oot the squad.

either way it’s no a great outcome and if we get nothing next week were really in trouble. 
hard to see where a run o wins will come from now and that’s what’s needed.

Danny admitted at the meeting that he made a mistake by waiting on decisions by players that had been identified. This lead to him missing out on second, third and fourth choices. That is his fault not that of the recruitment team.

His salary is relevant because he will be renumerated for being responsible. Credit where credit is due, he does accept that full responsibility. With that responsibility comes consequences of failure.

It seems to me that many are looking to blame others because Danny is so likable and talks a good game.

As has been stated previously we have been on a downward path since promotion. This isn't a one season dip.

What worries me is with all the effort put into recruitment the outcome is a shit squad with shit players. Does it deliver value for money? Absolutely not.

Finally, will Danny know when his time is up as he stated at the meeting? I doubt it.

20 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Danny admitted at the meeting that he made a mistake by waiting on decisions by players that had been identified. This lead to him missing out on second, third and fourth choices. That is his fault not that of the recruitment team.

His salary is relevant because he will be renumerated for being responsible. Credit where credit is due, he does accept that full responsibility. With that responsibility comes consequences of failure.

It seems to me that many are looking to blame others because Danny is so likable and talks a good game.

As has been stated previously we have been on a downward path since promotion. This isn't a one season dip.

What worries me is with all the effort put into recruitment the outcome is a shit squad with shit players. Does it deliver value for money? Absolutely not.

Finally, will Danny know when his time is up as he stated at the meeting? I doubt it.

Aye points taken 

if he’s fired it’s having to pay him up ah think

then finding someone new to try the Houdini act and pay them as well or mibbe the head of football will take over if he’s any managerial aspurations 

sell our own asset in window to pay for new players?

somethin needs doing as ah can’t see where a run of draws never mind wins will come fae

Don’t want to board bash as they are putting in the hours free of charge but ignoring this won’t help

how do we improve the squad in January if we have no money as were told 

free loans and other than Otoo that didn’t work

its difficult and no mistake and amongst all this after 25 years in Cumbernauld we are setting up committees to talk aboot leaving

if our player budget is one of the lowest in bottom 2 divisions do we just accept we are a mid table league 2 club and get oan way it?

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

If DL was waiting on players to make a decision and missed out on others then he is entirely to blame for things.  

Prospects one should have been given a date to respond by and if not responded then you move onto prospect two in that position 

It looks to me that we have ended up with third and worst choices in various positions

People are still lauding DL for the promotion season.  That was three years ago and since promotion we have got worse each season with a dramatic decline this year if that was possible on last year

DL won’t resign, why would he and avoid getting paid off.  It is only the board who can decide how bad things need to get

Unfortunately whether he stays or goes I think this season is beyond salvation now as nothing can change until January and we need 9 or 10 players in in Jan which just won’t be possible as players will be under contract and we won’t pay to sign anyone.  

This waiting around on players sounds like an easy excuse to me. Ray Grant has been cited as one example, I’m sure Stirling announced him early July. So he’s hardly been stringing us along all summer. We’ve been slow off the mark, not made good enough offers and ended up with jobbers as a result.

We’ve even had guys from the league below contacting us looking for a gig and getting snapped up, it sounds like amateur hour.

10 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

If DL was waiting on players to make a decision and missed out on others then he is entirely to blame for things.  

Prospects one should have been given a date to respond by and if not responded then you move onto prospect two in that position 

It looks to me that we have ended up with third and worst choices in various positions

People are still lauding DL for the promotion season.  That was three years ago and since promotion we have got worse each season with a dramatic decline this year if that was possible on last year

DL won’t resign, why would he and avoid getting paid off.  It is only the board who can decide how bad things need to get

Unfortunately whether he stays or goes I think this season is beyond salvation now as nothing can change until January and we need 9 or 10 players in in Jan which just won’t be possible as players will be under contract and we won’t pay to sign anyone.  

Good points

so we write off this season and what? Sack Lennon and cruise to league 2 and let him away at end o season then new manager builds new team for league 2

or find some money to pay Lennon off get players in and fight fur 8th 

but aye it’s the leaders of the club who need to make some big calls and soon

16 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

This waiting around on players sounds like an easy excuse to me. Ray Grant has been cited as one example, I’m sure Stirling announced him early July. So he’s hardly been stringing us along all summer. We’ve been slow off the mark, not made good enough offers and ended up with jobbers as a result.

We’ve even had guys from the league below contacting us looking for a gig and getting snapped up, it sounds like amateur hour.

We also brought back players we knew weren't good enough (Munro, Rumsby, Nicoll).

We didn't go near the loan market which was open until October. Basically every other team in this division has not only loanees, but proven League 1 players on loan.

Lennon is at it.

What decent player was/is going to come to us in our current state? Would I want to come to Clyde, if I have a plethora of other options? Good players want to play in good teams pushing for promotion, not languishing at the bottom.

Pre season we had Balatoni come to us for a contract. A player who was surplus to requirement in the league below and the rest.

We are floating in a precarious position. As I said yesterday how do we sell next season to our better players? 

Massive game Saturday and we must turn up.

Edited by TheBigGuy

5 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

What decent player was/is going to come to us in our current state? Would I want to come to Clyde, if I have a plethora of other options? Good players want to play in good teams pushing for promotion, not languishing at the bottom.

Pre season we had Balatoni come to us for a contract. A player who was surplus to requirement in the league below and the rest.

We are floating in a precarious position. As I said yesterday how do we sell next season to our better players? 

6 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

It might be hard enough tae sell the second half o this season to our best player

as for the others who do you describe as our better players? 
we would probably not be bothering Kelty or Forfar or Stirling wae this squad 

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Aye points taken 

if he’s fired it’s having to pay him up ah think

then finding someone new to try the Houdini act and pay them as well or mibbe the head of football will take over if he’s any managerial aspurations 

sell our own asset in window to pay for new players?

somethin needs doing as ah can’t see where a run of draws never mind wins will come fae

Don’t want to board bash as they are putting in the hours free of charge but ignoring this won’t help

how do we improve the squad in January if we have no money as were told 

free loans and other than Otoo that didn’t work

its difficult and no mistake and amongst all this after 25 years in Cumbernauld we are setting up committees to talk aboot leaving

if our player budget is one of the lowest in bottom 2 divisions do we just accept we are a mid table league 2 club and get oan way it?

Selling DGW won’t generate anything significant - £20k max? So hardly worth it

I find it difficult to see us going on a run of 3 games undefeated at any point over rest of season.  We just can’t stop conceding goals and when you do that you are going to have to score at least 2 evey game to win

Who says we have no money?  I haven’t heard the board say that.  If the rumours are to be true we have loads sitting in the bank and the directors can’t believe how much we have.  Would be interesting to know exactly how much we have.  Perhaps an owners meeting could ask fir that info?

Group to look at moving stadium is just a waste of time.  Should be looking at what we can do to teen gage in Cumbernauld but then again that should have been done 25 years ago

I know we will be in lowest couple of budgets in L1 but if we are one of the lowest budgets compared to L2 teams then we are punching above our weight and likely will even out over time and we will find ourselves in lower half of L2 or below

17 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Selling DGW won’t generate anything significant - £20k max? So hardly worth it

I find it difficult to see us going on a run of 3 games undefeated at any point over rest of season.  We just can’t stop conceding goals and when you do that you are going to have to score at least 2 evey game to win

Who says we have no money?  I haven’t heard the board say that.  If the rumours are to be true we have loads sitting in the bank and the directors can’t believe how much we have.  Would be interesting to know exactly how much we have.  Perhaps an owners meeting could ask fir that info?

Group to look at moving stadium is just a waste of time.  Should be looking at what we can do to teen gage in Cumbernauld but then again that should have been done 25 years ago

I know we will be in lowest couple of budgets in L1 but if we are one of the lowest budgets compared to L2 teams then we are punching above our weight and likely will even out over time and we will find ourselves in lower half of L2 or below

Aye right enough someone ah no whose an owner told me an ex chairman spilled the beans that people on board huv never seen money in the bank on this scale.  Can the owners no demand to know if it’s true and then ask why no being spent on better players

makes you wonder if that’s how we couldn’t get better players and the other teams could if the money has came from the grants and furlough stuff

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Ray Grant was Stirling Albion's first signing who was announced on their website on 15th May.

59 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Good points

so we write off this season and what? Sack Lennon and cruise to league 2 and let him away at end o season then new manager builds new team for league 2

or find some money to pay Lennon off get players in and fight fur 8th 

but aye it’s the leaders of the club who need to make some big calls and soon

I dont think option 2 is realistic.  Not sure what DL contract situation is and what is on but lets say he signed till season 2022/23 and on £30k per year that going to be about £50k to pay him off.  We are going to need significant number of players in January (probably 8 or 9). You wont be able to pick anyone up out of contract as everyone decent will be in contract.  To get a decent player at L2 level you are going to have pay £500 per week or about £15k per player for the rest of the season.  Going to cost you probably £15k on average to sign a player so going to cost £30k or thereabouts for a player for rest of season or best part of £250k.  Then there is no guarantee will work out and how far are we going to be off the pace by then.  Probably at least 7 or 8 points which is a big gap to make up.

So only think realistic option is to see out the rest of season with what we have with maybe 3 or 4 new recruits in January with either DL at the helm or not.  Which isnt a pretty thought.

Realistically i can see us losing our next 3 games then going into cup game v Clydebank on a run of 7 defeats in a row and suffer our most embarrassing result in the clubs history.  You can see the stars aligning for that already.  Would have just been better if Elgin had won yesterday.

We are looking at guys out of favour or not getting game time at other clubs to try and entice in during January. As I’ve mentioned before the boy Watson released by Dunfermline, realistic or not I’d be tabling our best offer and praying he takes us up. As well as a centre half we need a left back, a right back, a sitting midfielder, a striker. The full spine of the team needs strengthened.

19 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Aye right enough someone ah no whose an owner told me an ex chairman spilled the beans that people on board huv never seen money in the bank on this scale.  Can the owners no demand to know if it’s true and then ask why no being spent on better players

makes you wonder if that’s how we couldn’t get better players and the other teams could if the money has came from the grants and furlough stuff

Dont know the constitution of the CIC but expect owners will have same powers as if a Ltd company then provided sufficient owners call an EGM (extraordinary general meeting) they could demand to be given this information.  After all the owners own the club the directors are just there to run the business on a day to day basis so the owners are entitled to know things such as how much is in the bank.

Not sure the furlough money would be extra money to spend as that would have just been paid back out to the employees.  The grant such as the £50k grant that was received by all clubs was ringfenced as not to be spent on players and I think most clubs used the money to invest in the TV system for streaming games.

However if there is any other grants then other teams might be using this money to invest in the team as really just extra income over budget.

Clyde are at a distinct disadvantage from other clubs who own their ground who are able benefit from trackside advertising, renting it out or using it on a daily basis as cafe/restaurant and matchday revenue.

My office is just round the corner from the Alloa's ground and it is let out all the time, had advertising all the way round the ground.  Expect this extra income will be significant over the year.