Goodwillie v fans fault Falkirk

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

but we benefitted hugely from being up against the weakest excuse for a Clyde team in what???…….a decade or so?

As bad as we are (remarkably) we’ve seen worse Clyde teams than this. It hasn’t been a great 10 years to be a Clyde fan.

16 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

As bad as we are (remarkably) we’ve seen worse Clyde teams than this. It hasn’t been a great 10 years to be a Clyde fan.

Worse Clyde teams definitely. This one is the most out of their depth that we have had though. The manager is guilty of gross negligence and should be sacked.

The fiasco with not having a football is up there with trying to make 5 subs in the Dumbarton game. Standards have slipped all over the club.

What is more galling is that this Falkirk team is rotten, the worst we have played against Broadwood this season. The team of Grant, McStay and Lamont would have ran over the top of them. Instead we have Nicoll trying to tackle when he is in possession of the ball, Munro showing wingers onto their strong foot and a target man bottling a late header 6 yards out. 

Docherty wasn't bad in that he clearly understood his limitations and dropped off rather than getting caught out. For someone who is quite tidy at times, he doesn't half punt the ball miles away from his team mates at times.

It is really hard to see where we go from here and I count the next few seasons in that assertion.

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Having watched Clydebank on Monday, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they beat us. Hopefully the Falkirk fans believe just how bad we are now! Absolutely garbage again today. Terrible football and hardly laid a glove on Falkirk all day.

I see no way, other than a January miracle, that we stay up. As others have said, sending Parry up and then playing a short corner sums this shower up.

talking aboot old firm loans. they'll gie us lowland league players who arent doing well. Tha'tll no save us. The squad we have is not good enough. 3 full backs and a centre back on the bench and a 36 year old who can only do 15 mins and a superstar who turns once every 4 weeks. We are heading to Legue 2 for sure

Dumbarton seem to be in free fall at the moment but you just know they will pump us easily next week too. It’s hard to express just how shite we are. All responsible for assembling this squad need fired into the sun, with that mute p***k Diamond at the helm.

40 minutes ago, David W said:

Worse Clyde teams definitely. This one is the most out of their depth that we have had though. The manager is guilty of gross negligence and should be sacked.

The fiasco with not having a football is up there with trying to make 5 subs in the Dumbarton game. Standards have slipped all over the club.

What is more galling is that this Falkirk team is rotten, the worst we have played against Broadwood this season. The team of Grant, McStay and Lamont would have ran over the top of them. Instead we have Nicoll trying to tackle when he is in possession of the ball, Munro showing wingers onto their strong foot and a target man bottling a late header 6 yards out. 

Docherty wasn't bad in that he clearly understood his limitations and dropped off rather than getting caught out. For someone who is quite tidy at times, he doesn't half punt the ball miles away from his team mates at times.

It is really hard to see where we go from here and I count the next few seasons in that assertion.

I think yu know fine where we go from here. it's no up the way that is fur sure. And I mean the next few years tae. This team squad mught have shown more effort the day but its newteen us East Fife and Probably Dumbarton for the 8 9 and 10.

16/1 odds to win a home game against a shite falkirk team says a lot

11 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Dumbarton seem to be in free fall at the moment but you just know they will pump us easily next week too. It’s hard to express just how shite we are. All responsible for assembling this squad need fired into the sun, with that mute p***k Diamond at the helm.

How come no-one is bringing up that he was brought in as sporting director then quitely left that psot to be heid of fitba. Whit's that all aboot?

13 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You are looking back to possibly 2016 for the last time Bairns fans felt the confidence to slag off opponents. If life truly is a rollercoaster our carriage has been broken on the downhill track for fecking years.

I sympathise with you. The Mo had 20 years of being pish stuck in the bottom half of league 2 and narrowly missing a drop to the HL. Some games were a total embarrassment.

Good the result for you today though

2 hours ago, Russ said:

A win. And a deserved win at that although it really has to be said just how fucking bad Clyde are.

I’ll start with positives first. I thought Charlie Telfer was comfortably the best player on the park and thoroughly deserved his goal at the end, some engine from him btw to run the length of the pitch in the last minute. He probably had a better first half than second but much better from him and good to see him getting on the ball in the attacking third a lot more. Another game where Paul Dixon strolled it. Leon McCann was a lot better as well especially going forward and I can’t think of anything that Gary Miller fucked up. Stevie Hetherington getting sent off is tremendous as well but judging by the reaction I’m worried that it means it could be appealed.

Both our wingers are rancid. Great goal from McGuffie like but it was the only thing he didn’t f**k up the whole game and McDaid can f**k off back to Dundee whenever he likes absolute passenger. Hetherington of course his usual shite self before getting sent off and despite the goal thought Ruth was abysmal his complete lack of strength and hold up play slows us down so much.

Apart from all that, it went well for you?

54 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

I actually agree. I don't believe DL was given a hope in hell through dithering at board level for cash pre-season and as for Diamond and wee boy Corr, they can piss of anytime and give DL £ support and final say in January window. Then if its a fk up its down to the dugout.

Edited by Scotchpie

We don't help ourselves do we?

We turned a corner into a shy by fannying about in the 1st half.  

We get a corner and draw 2 defenders but then 1 of our guys drops off so they have a full defense.

Their 1st goal weak clearance that went for a corner...we turned our back on the corner ffs.

The 1 ball thing was just just so Clyde.

Monroe's final contribution before being subbed was to turn a decent crossing opportunity into a yellow card by mistaking his ability for ambition. 

Well taken 2nd goal by Falkirk but again our RB stands off.  3rd embarrassingly fu(kin stupid...our goalie goes up and we take a SHORT CORNER! 

Everyone is right our squad is so poor.  Do we have any capable full backs of the 5 we have signed? Are we so desperate, that we believe we can straightfaced field Nicoll? 

Highlights up on Falkirk TV.

That penalty and red card is a nonsense. Doesn't even resemble a foul. Hetherington might've put his hand on Cunningham but Cunningham was on his way down lunging for the ball in any case and there looked to be no pressure applied by the contact.

A more potent attacking team would probably have done us for five (again).

We are awful, Clyde are a pub team with a ringer playing for them in Goodwillie and yet we’re hanging on for grim death until almost the end.

I don’t care about the joke penalty and sending off. Any decent Falkirk team would have been up by at least 3 goals at half time, lost 2 players and still beat this Clyde team.

Clyde were so small time off the pitch today- the ball incident, but I haven’t read anything about the fuckwittery to get in. They encouraged fans to buy tickets online because queues will be an issue if you turn up on the day without one. Turned out, you were better off rocking up ticketless and paying by cash. I had to wait over 20 mins to get in. Meanwhile pay at the gaters just walk in - a total joke. If it wasn’t a nice day, they’d have been problems.  

34 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Clyde were so small time off the pitch today-

We are very small time on it too at the moment. 

Watching the highlights back and each goal is laughable from our point of view (and probably Falkirks).

First goal we switch off for the corner which gets played effortlessly into the boy 6 yards out which eventually results in the goal. We obviously didn't learn from the last game either and don't do enough to close down Dixon's effort from the edge of the box.

Second is a great finish but it sums up Munro's pathetic performance in all its glory. Cunningham not great with his attempt to "tackle" either. 

It's been mentioned a million times already but it's completely mental to take a short corner in the last minute when you've got height in the box chasing an equaliser including the goalie. 

Like I said earlier though, those jobbers getting anything out of that game would've been in injustice. 

Edited by C. Muir

Just watched the highlights and that penalty and sending off were the most ridiculous decisions i think i have ever seen, that ref should never be allowed near a football ground again.

Anyone need a ball btw 😀