Clash of the Nouveau Riche

After Sunday's boot in the bawz, it'll be interesting to see the table toppers' starting eleven.  Can't see two goal Bob McHugh being dropped for Simon Murray but can we afford not to play him if he's fit? Ditto Luca Connell. But we'll need to tighten up at the back or anything going on up front will be wasted.

It'll be Baltic; just hope it's not raining too.

I think we'll sort ourselves out and win 2-1.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

After Sunday's boot in the bawz, it'll be interesting to see the table toppers' starting eleven.  Can't see two goal Bob McHugh being dropped for Simon Murray but can we afford not to play him if he's fit? Ditto Luca Connell. But we'll need to tighten up at the back or anything going on up front will be wasted.

I admire your indefatigability.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Love the title of this thread, pure class. 👍

Defend like we did last Saturday and we’ll get rinsed. Put in the controlled, professional performances that we did at Dumbarton and Falkirk and we have a shot at winning.

It’s becoming increasingly clear that results in this league are the equivalent of a random number generator. Important not to get too up or down, regardless of the outcome on Saturday, because there’s bound to be stupid results flying around in every direction in the weeks following. This season looks like a case of strapping in and enjoying/hating the ride.

45 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Is it me or is it a bit jarring to say Queen's Park are now rich when they're currently a homeless man living in their friends front room. 

We’re Alan Partridge, an unwittingly excruciating entity, living in a travel tavern, whilst we wait for our new home to be built. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Is it me or is it a bit jarring to say Queen's Park are now rich when they're currently a homeless man living in their friends front room. 

I think the phrase you're looking for is "enjoying the hospitality" of that friend.

Right buzzing for this one. Had a similar feeling for the Falkirk game. Still confident it'll be us three come the end of the season.

I think we were lucky against Falkirk. They were better and missed their pen. A moment of brilliance won us the points. Some decent defending that day too but Falkirk generally better. Cove were also better than us in the opening exchanges at Firhill. Fyvie was dictating everything before his red card. Expecting a very tough game. Yet to see us take any points at Cove Bay so fingers crossed. I don't think we've even scored 🙃

Connell to start please Ellis. Not keen on the Gillespie/Thomson double pivot anymore. There's other areas to prioritise come the windows but I'd like to see someone else beside Gillespie. Lyon hasn't played much football so no real confidence there either.

Visions of McAllister and Megginson floating around Lee Kilday. Major fear. 

He first got one, then got two, we want three from Bob McHugh. 

6 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Right buzzing for this one. Had a similar feeling for the Falkirk game. Still confident it'll be us three come the end of the season.

I think we were lucky against Falkirk. They were better and missed their pen. A moment of brilliance won us the points. Some decent defending that day too but Falkirk generally better. Cove were also better than us in the opening exchanges at Firhill. Fyvie was dictating everything before his red card. Expecting a very tough game. Yet to see us take any points at Cove Bay so fingers crossed. I don't think we've even scored 🙃

Connell to start please Ellis. Not keen on the Gillespie/Thomson double pivot anymore. There's other areas to prioritise come the windows but I'd like to see someone else beside Gillespie. Lyon hasn't played much football so no real confidence there either.

Visions of McAllister and Megginson floating around Lee Kilday. Major fear. 

He first got one, then got two, we want three from Bob McHugh. 

Should have the hallmarks of a good game especially if we can keep all 11 men on the park. I think that was Fyvie's first red card for us and to be honest apart from Blair Yule being harshly double yellowed against Montrose this season I can't think of another red card since we entered the SPFL.

I also felt that Falkirk were marginally the better side when they played us in the opening game. We sneaked an equaliser through McAllister that day. We had barely kicked a ball pre-season but they had isolation issues too.

Our form of late, 4 wins and 1 loss (EF away) in the last 5 looks a bit better than our performances merited. Lately our midfield has been imbalanced with people playing out of position and in general it's been too deep and defensive.

We should have Harry Milne and Blair Yule back in the side tomorrow which will add energy and spark.

I thought the game between the sides was fairly even at Firhill and could have gone either way before the red card sealed our fate. Gladly, for us but not for McHugh, Gourlay is benched and we have a proper keeper in-between the sticks.

Interested and slightly worried about Luca and Brown running rings round Vigurs.

Mitch is 7 straight league games without a goal which I can't see continuing for too much longer. He's looked threatening but it hasn't quite fallen into place for him so far.

Who knows which will it will go..

The trauma of the last five minutes against Alloa will never be erased, but 3 points tomorrow will make amends. Some major decisions, not least the one above regards Gillespie and Thomson. There is a call to make if Morrison is fit also. If the direct energy of Murray can be matched with a little more composure I'd like to see him start.

Cove go for the same 11 that started last week against Clyde. 

Sadly Harry and Blair are still only fit for the bench. That's a big miss for us from an energy and offensive threat.

It will be a narrow defensive diamond in the middle with Masson playing at the peak / wide left at times. No right winger so Logan will be asked to be a RWB. Not a midfield I like and will be our weakness.

Scott Ross over Morgyn Neill any day for me. Scott had a wee knock and misses his 2nd straight game.

Unbalanced side for Cove so not expecting free flowing silky football from us.

Screenshot_20211030-142008.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922