Raith Rovers v Ayr United

So we are twice as like to concede a goal when he is on the park. That is really not good. 

That’s hardly surprising and he’s not the only one at fault for this but of the 14 goals that we’ve conceded in the 12 league games, 12 of those 14 have been conceded after the 70th minute mark.

Only QotS in the 1-0 home defeat and Dunfermline in the 1-1 away draw last Tuesday managed to score before the 70th minute and even then it was still the 2nd half.

So we’ve only conceded once in the first half all season in the league. Which is absolutely fantastic but we need to start coming out the 2nd half and playing the same way.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Worse stat….conceded 6 goals in 289 minutes played with RBS, 8 in 791 minutes played without him…oh dear.

Do you know the xG against with BRS on the park/not on the park?

We do tend to start the second half in a slow manner more often than not. Usually because we're ahead and teams have had a boot up the arse. If we could mantain our rhythm for 90 minutes we'd be some team and top of the league, but we can't. That's fine. If that is our main problem then we'll be ok.

The stat on BRS is damning. I've said before he's no good coming on as a sub. Away to Morton he was very good after starting the game but he is a man short when coming on as he cannot get up to speed and impose himself on the game - it simply passes him by. I'd have Arnott or Mitchell in and around the midfield as they have energy and that covers a fair amount of deficiencies.

Spencer had a hamstring strain and it proved key when he went off. I'd have been confident of us getting another goal and a more serene 2nd half had he stayed on. He is absolutely crucial to our style of play this season.

6 hours ago, stevoraith said:

So we can ‘bank’ on conceding when he’s in the team?

Only if he plays 45 minutes…on average.

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

Do you know the xG against with BRS on the park/not on the park?

Nope, ain’t that fancy…but he’s the worst of our midfield options, numerically, except poor Arnott, who has less than 100 minutes.

On 30/10/2021 at 16:31, SirJimmyofNic said:

Every bleeding time Snow comes on as a sub we conceed

I posted this yesterday just after Ayr scored, and not having the benefit of these stats which only confirm my statement, hes maybe a great lad, but imho hes not good enough for the Championship 

11 minutes ago, embow said:

Had the 'Chewmulty' effort that hit the bar been a inch or two lower then I would like to think that the second half would have been much more comfortable.

After the Hamilton capitulation 4 in front after 50 odd minutes isnt comfortable anymore for us never mind a miserly 3 at half time

We dont do comfortable

37 minutes ago, embow said:

Had the 'Chewmulty' effort that hit the bar been a inch or two lower then I would like to think that the second half would have been much more comfortable.

Please remember the thistle game.. that was anything but comfortable..

just watched the highlights.. what on earth is snow doing for their goal??! Wild defending

I bow to both of you and your superior analysis.👍 I had tried to not bring both of these games back to mind thinking maybe three goals would do, having learned lessons from both these games. As you rightly point out..maybe no' yet!🥺

I'd imagine the source is McKay going out on loan and getting limited game time. Tbh, I don't think McKay is the standard we need to reach the next level. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but I think he's a limited centre half for our level. He benefits from a willingness to play at right back but it is clear he's not in an optimal position. We should be building around Lang and Musonda in the long term. 
I'd add the two at Cowdenbeath into that also.

21 minutes ago, embow said:

I bow to both of you and your superior analysis.👍 I had tried to not bring both of these games back to mind thinking maybe three goals would do, having learned lessons from both these games. As you rightly point out..maybe no' yet!🥺

I suppose we can maybe say we’re progressing.. 4 to Hamilton, then 2 to partick then 1 to Ayr… slowly but surely 

20 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

To be fair, Ayr fans have every reason to dislike Zanatta. Nobody minds if a player tries his hardest and is simply not good enough, but when you have talent but clearly can't be arsed/are lazy then that's unacceptable. Plus his diving is an embarrasment. If Raith have somehow turned him around and made an honest man of him (pardon the pun) then fair play to you guys. 

Oh, and I forgot his piece de resistance while at Ayr - tweeting about his excitement over a pre-contract agreement with Raith just after he signed it -  while he still had 4 months of the current season to run, as an Ayr United player! Smart move Dario 🤦‍♂️