Raith Rovers v Ayr United

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He won’t be in charge. Not unless we improve significantly after January and look like breaking into the top 4.

We can sit here and talk about his tactics all we like but until we actually sign players then there’s really no point. I can’t think of one player that we’ve got on the bench (besides Daire) that would make a difference here.

I know we’ve discussed it before, but there are clearly issues with the tactics at times but at the same time we know this side is miles short. 

Having someone (Moffat) vaguely close to Adeloye might help, but it may not if everyone else is incredibly deep and offering no support. 

Hopefully Daire can get some game time. 

Totally get on paper we are one of the weakest teams in the league and most of that is on Hopkin especially the lack of balance in the team. However while we are a weaker team we should at least be competitive. I think lot of us just want to get to end of season still in the league and have a clear out. Just looks like most of the team know already they don't have a future at the club beyond this season. Lot of poor quality teams in the league this season maybe leading to complacency when we play teams above us. 

Fair play to Raith though they are club of similar size to ourselves but play in a positive manner would like to see them go up 

At a couple of points there we had so many bodies forward getting so much space that our passing triangles became passing pentangles. 

We weren't exactly peppering the goal, but there was so much sustained pressure, and Tumilty hit the bar too. Probably should've forced at least one more, on that basis. 

Ayr did have a couple of breaks and might've snuck one in, so we'll need to be very careful. A lot about this game so far has been reminiscent of the Hamilton game, but let's hope we don't get a similar finish. 

That first half was like watching us play against 9 men. We've dictated the play and both finishes we're excellent. Ayr have barely been involved in the game at all. This has been one of our best performances of the season so far. The last few games we've been a bit more direct, but today we've been patient and happy to pass it about. Ideally we'll carry it on for the second half.

I know we’ve discussed it before, but there are clearly issues with the tactics at times but at the same time we know this side is miles short. 

Having someone (Moffat) vaguely close to Adeloye might help, but it may not if everyone else is incredibly deep and offering no support. 

Hopefully Daire can get some game time. 

Don’t think Duffy is particularly keen on Moffat tbh.

Only change I’d make is McKenzie for Salkeld.

For the first hour of the Kilmarnock game we were on the front foot, then played the way we started today. We chose, for whatever reason to sit and defend our 18 yard line and leave one lone forward isolated. 
this might work to see out a draw but not if you concede two in the first half. It’s to early in the season to see the game as done and we need to go for it now in the second half.

I don’t remember McCallister touching the ball in the first half and Salkeld hasn’t managed a second touch to anything played to him.

Maxwell in to the middle, Moffat and McKenzie on. O’Conner for Adeloye later on, push Maxwell left again and O’Conner Right

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As much as I don’t rate McKenzie at this level quite yet, he is better than Salkeld. 

Completely agree. Salkeld is beyond grim. Zero technical ability which results in losing possession every single time he gets the ball.