Partick Thistle vs Inverness 30th October 2021

After the last two games, something vaguely entertaining would be nice.

Rudden and Graham don’t seem to be linking up as well in the past few games, need to sort that as it’s really the basis for most of our good attacking play - that or hoping Tiffoney does something, which is harder as teams seem to be doubling up on him routinely now. Last time out, the Caley defence didn’t seem to like players running at them, so hopefully we noticed that and do it again

And if Sneddon can continue his current pretty decent form, and not inexplicably chuck two goals in, that’d be lovely. It’s been almost 2 months, and I’m still unsure what he was doing for the second goal in Inverness.

Much like the last round of fixtures, back to back games vs Inverness and Killie will show up where we are in relation to the top end of the league. 0 from 6 last time will need to be improved on to keep pace with the top 4 after failing to beat either dunfermline or Morton. 

Switching to Akinola and Mayo at CB has made us more solid but whatever full backs we roll out (apart from Hendrie who seems to have been binned already) don't offer enough going forward, which means with one midfielder out of position we're overly reliant on Tiffoney to create anything. 

Feels like there is a degree of end of season lethargy in some of these threads at the minute despite it only being October :lol:

As mentioned earlier we've been largely "meh" for most of the season and have been poor in recent weeks. Our only good performance this season was the second 45 against Partick Thistle a few weeks back. Play like that and we will win easily. Play like we have done for the other > 90% of the season and the best we can hope for is a draw.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Feels like there is a degree of end of season lethargy in some of these threads at the minute despite it only being October :lol:

As mentioned earlier we've been largely "meh" for most of the season and have been poor in recent weeks. Our only good performance this season was the second 45 against Partick Thistle a few weeks back. Play like that and we will win easily. Play like we have done for the other > 90% of the season and the best we can hope for is a draw.

Totally agree with this, there has been some good play but the team has found it difficult to maintain consistency over a game, without the likes of Mackay, Gardyne and Carson and some great saves from Mark Ridgers I think we could have been in a poorer league position, Roddy has done well but in recent weeks he has found difficulty with midfields that mark him out and others haven't shown the standard of play they are more than capable of.

That's my take and yes it will be argued that we are still second, and yes we have great ability within this team to hald the slide, but it needs to happen soon. 

We are getting the results our performances are deserving. Wonder if a swift kick up the arse has been finally administered. 

If not another draw or lose here

Luckily avoided the 0-0 at Cappielow. Hopefully we attack through different areas of the pitch than just filter the ball down to Tiffoney who will be double marked making it difficult to create any clear cut chances.

We've got a pretty good record against Inverness but we've had a few bloody noses too.

Assume it will be a ery heavy pitch after a few days of near constant rain. So I wouldn't bet against another 0-0....

Normal service for us against Patrick to be resumed after a trend bucking win earlier this season

I can’t think of any team we have had a worse record against over the years, although that might just be my imagination?
Aberdeen?

28 minutes ago, Mr Tourette said:

Normal service for us against Patrick to be resumed after a trend bucking win earlier this season

I can’t think of any team we have had a worse record against over the years, although that might just be my imagination?

That's far too pessimistic. We've lost all our games against the top 4 this season.

Apart from the big win at the Accies, our form has been very poor over the last few weeks.

Couldn't score against the Pars, Morton or the Doonhamers.

3 hours ago, Mr Tourette said:

What position is he in?

Very even game but aye we should be ahead with the Walsh and Mckay chances. Partick have had short spells where they look like they are going to put us under serious pressure but it never really happened.

I would be amazed if this is still goalless at full time.