Arbroath vs Pars

Thought the boys in Hospo were first class in the 2nd half.  Reckon a few of Boab Skins' mates were in there 😉

Dick and Ian were loving that adulation and why wouldn't you !

Enjoy it gentleman, you've worked hard to get there. 

10 minutes in and two nil down. Thought this was going to be the game where Dunfermline turned their season around but a quick reply from Tom O'Brien changed things. We started to get on top and equalised before half time.

Second half and nothing much at either end. Then Bobby Linn stepped in and made the difference, cutting in from the left and scoring with a rocket from distance to the keeper's top left corner of the goal. A few minutes later he was fouled in the penalty box after again cutting in from the left wing and McKenna made it 4-2, game over.

Can understand Dunfermline fans anger and frustration, they have some good players who are not playing to their potential. It's easy to blame the manager but the players must take some of the blame.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Get what you mean but genuinely cannot remember anyone even tackling Nouble 😂😂😂 maybe happened once or twice. He gave ball away a few times but by trying to make things happen. Just leave the man to it in my opinion he’s just great. Boys bouncing aff him. He plays some really good balls too sometimes we just aren’t on his wavelength. Going to miss the big man so much 

Nouble seems to be one of those players where the ball just sticks to his feet. There were at least a couple of occasions in the second half where he got the ball out wide and was surrounded by three players, only to juggle the ball (with his feet obviously) away from them or otherwise out of trouble.

He also makes runs all over the park.

And of course he absolutely destroyed us at East End earlier in the season.

Edited by DA Baracus

14 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Get what you mean but genuinely cannot remember anyone even tackling Nouble 😂😂😂 maybe happened once or twice. He gave ball away a few times but by trying to make things happen. Just leave the man to it in my opinion he’s just great. Boys bouncing aff him. He plays some really good balls too sometimes we just aren’t on his wavelength. Going to miss the big man so much 

Noublealdinho

Just now, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

McKenna on 11 goals in 12 games from CENTRE MID 😳 

He only got 1 yesterday so 10. Still incredible. And in recent games he has been playing middle of midfield yeah, played a lot in the number 10 role behind Nouble too. He’s one of Dicks best signings and I imagine he will be here for another 4/5 years too. Happy days.

An excellent result. We definitely don't feel sorry for ourselves when we go behind. Great fighting performance as usual. Linn and Hilson both excellent when they came on. I can understand Grant moaning about the handball before the 3rd goal but it is completely accidental and doesn't lead directly to the goal so not a foul for me. I don't think VAR would overturn that down south. Penalty was clear cut, silly foul by Dow. How they managed to get Noubles head and the post mixed up for the equaliser is a mystery. Also great tackle by Hammy at 2 - 2 in the box. Really Dunfermlines only second half chance so was important to be switched on. Dunfermline shouldn't feel too bad as we did the same against Partick and also Hamilton.

On 29/10/2021 at 15:21, Grant228 said:

Away from the football, trying to do a pub crawl of Arbroath tomorrow, my mate has drawn it up and reckons there's 25 pubs. 

If you're going to pump us Smokies get it done early. 

You manage it? If you did we might not hear from you for a while.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nouble seems to be one of those players where the ball just sticks to his feet. There were at least a couple of occasions in the second half where he got the ball out wide and was surrounded by three players, only to juggle the ball (with his feet obviously) away from them or otherwise out of trouble.

He also makes runs all over the park.

And of course he absolutely destroyed us at East End earlier in the season.

The only thing I see against Nouble is that his first touch is quite hit and miss. His long legs allows him to recover a lot of the time.

However, when he's got the ball under control and facing his opponent, he's totally unplayable.