Arbroath vs Pars

19 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Recommendations for away fans neebs?

You’ll have no bother anywhere. Depends what kind of pub you like. If you’re getting the train then there are 4 or 5 pubs very near the station, around the West Port area or head towards the high street, plenty of choice. Personally I prefer auld mannies pubs so would recommend The Commercial and the Foundry Bar, both close to Gayfield, especially The Foundry which is only about a 3 minute walk. Then Tutties of course. The only one I would avoid like the plague is the Weatherspoons, unless you like being surrounded by mutants, eating muck and lining that p***k’s pockets that is.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Away from the football, trying to do a pub crawl of Arbroath tomorrow, my mate has drawn it up and reckons there's 25 pubs. 

If you're going to pump us Smokies get it done early. 

I doff my cap to you sir, that's a proper day out.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Can confirm I'm the lino. 

Aye looks cracking, didn't realise Arbroath was so full, there's one my mates not too sure about is open but there's plenty others... 

All of them. 

Before kick off. 

Seen this done before in one day but it takes perfect planning to squeeze them all in. 😂

If you’re coming by train then the West Port pubs (station, west port bar, bar 1320, Millgate) and Tutties will keep you busy. A lot of away fans seem to enjoy the pubs down the harbour area, Commercial, Smugglers, Foundry.

My favourites are the Newgate, Station and St Tams probably. 

I quite like the match day vlogs too. Wee guy from Ayr done one last week and there was good footage of our goal and the celebrations. If it makes people happy then great. Definitely not something I would do myself, wouldn’t mind seeing a Lichtie78 matchday vlog for an away day too 😂😂 no sure it would be PG enough for YouTube though 

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

Great to hear the Foundry is open again. Much changed?

I was in before the Hamilton game and it's pretty much the same - the only noticeable difference to me was that the wall between the bar area and back room/lounge area bit has been removed.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That's Ben, he's not uploaded a video since we got scudded by Ayr, not like him. 

Actually I love Ben....😉

He's a decent wee bloke. Met him in the shop at Gayfield and he was sound. 

Loved his piece on the Dundee derby from the shed. Totally captured the atmosphere. 

Hopefully see you tomorrow. 

Oft, enjoy. Some class pubs in the town.

Station and Newgate are my favourites but you won’t go wrong anywhere really (bar spoons as mentioned). Would actually recommend going to St Tams from the train station as early doors it won’t be busy and has sports on TV, juker and pool table.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If Peter Grant wears a Simpsons-based Halloween costume tomorrow then I’ll take back anything negative I ever said about the man.

In the spirit of Halloween Dick should wear his best Uncle Fester suit.