Hibernian v Celtic

14 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Edit: Celtic fans will always sing about Catholicism and Irishness for as long as these are seen as unacceptable to some within our society 

I agree with a lot of what you say regarding entrenched attitudes and bigotry going way beyond football. However the "hot take" of a large number of Celtic fans screaming "Orange B" at an injured Irish Hibs player was straight into loony territory and a step too far for even me who doesn't generally give a shit what Celtic or Rangers fans sing.

Choose your audience for the party songs. You were playing Hibs, not Rangers or Hearts.

Edited by AndyM

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

😂

I’m in no business of defending Celtic fans but I don’t think you’re meant to take that song literally.

When you sing “f**k The Hibs” do you mean you want to have sexual intercourse with Hibernian FC Limited?

Oh and we don’t actually think John McGinn is better than Zinedine Zidane.

And Hearts also haven’t played in South Morocco either

Heart of Midlothian FC are, by quite a slim margin, the greatest team the world has ever seen

The "by far" bit is just exaggeration 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Heart of Midlothian FC are, by quite a slim margin, the greatest team the world has ever seen

The "by far" bit is just exaggeration 

I don’t think Bill Shankly told Bertie Mee that he’s heard of the mental Hibees tbqh

13 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Jeez, so when celtic are offensive nobody is to take it literally, but if anyone is offensive to celtic... You couldn't make this s**t up. 

But we don't have to make it up, this is genuinley how some want it to be. F*****g bonkers. 🙃😜🤪

What was the offensive song? 

58 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think that even you must get what my meaning is, or maybe not.

We have 60k fans in the stands,the only thing in common I have with them is supporting Celtic,you put 10 in a room you get a debate.
You seem to have a problem with the sigma that follows Celtic fans I don't, i can separate the issues from the football some don't.
I enjoy the independent view and the diversity of the Celtic fanbase even if it spills into football grounds.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We have 60k fans in the stands,the only thing in common I have with them is supporting Celtic,you put 10 in a room you get a debate.
You seem to have a problem with the sigma that follows Celtic fans I don't, i can separate the issues from the football some don't.
I enjoy the independent view and the diversity of the Celtic fanbase even if it spills into football grounds.

You didn’t start well there when you said that you have 60k fans in the stands. This is a myth that is perpetuated by pundits and journalists from the West of Scotland. You probably have 60k fans in the stands twice a season. The actual crowds at your run of the mill matches against the likes of Aberdeen, is nearer the 40/45k.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You didn’t start well there when you said that you have 60k fans in the stands. This is a myth that is perpetuated by pundits and journalists from the West of Scotland. You probably have 60k fans in the stands twice a season. The actual crowds at your run of the mill matches against the likes of Aberdeen, is nearer the 40/45k.

Maybe the number is important to you but it's not for me,you changed the subject which means you have no answer.