C19 Passport App

Just down loaded mine took around 6 times trying to get face reconnection accepted.  So after all that I'm wondering how it is checked with just a big square barcode.  A green tick to say your double vaccinated and your name. No photo on the cover so I don't get how this works going into a gig. Anyone could get a screen shoot which makes the whole thing senseless ? 

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Just down loaded mine took around 6 times trying to get face reconnection accepted.  So after all that I'm wondering how it is checked with just a big square barcode.  A green tick to say your double vaccinated and your name. No photo on the cover so I don't get how this works going into a gig. Anyone could get a screen shoot which makes the whole thing senseless ? 

Mine has ticking time stamp which would be hard to fake.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Mine has this as well, the time is across the bottom. I notice you can change from a Scotland pass to international travel in a wee box on the top right hand corner but there would be nothing to stop them asking you to change it so I don’t think a photo would work.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

... more so with the funky graphic effect that changes colour as you tilt the phone.

It's almost as if they'd thought about this.

The added features definitely make it impossible to fake, but the weak point is still the fact that the only bit that is actually scanned is a static QR code, which can still be screenshotted.

Automatic scanners cannot tell the difference, and they are relying on a door steward checking the extra detail rather than just scanning codes.

All of which is of course moot if you take a paper copy, which I assume will become the go-to method for those trying to get round the system.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The added features definitely make it impossible to fake, but the weak point is still the fact that the only bit that is actually scanned is a static QR code, which can still be screenshotted.
Automatic scanners cannot tell the difference, and they are relying on a door steward checking the extra detail rather than just scanning codes.
All of which is of course moot if you take a paper copy, which I assume will become the go-to method for those trying to get round the system.
Printouts of the document on an inkjet make the QR code very difficult to scan as well, this meant a visual verification was done in two locations over the weekend for someone I know.

Not sure what the official guidance is in the event you can't get the code to scan though.