Which Clubs in the Highland League in Five Seasons' Time?

Dev

Try learning some manners. I have sourced the real facts. The pyramid was looking like it was finally done and dusted, but your club's decision to lobby behind the scenes for the right to pick and choose which tier 5 league to play in has led to a rule change that may turn out to have wider ramifications in the years ahead than are obvious right now.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Stop wasting my time. You know perfectly well what the reasons are for Brechin City preferring the LL to HL.

You made the comment about the Midlands League, I replied to that. But you like to throw wild, baseless, assumptions in there only to blame others of wasting your time when we're pointing out the fact that you're just making up rubbish...

22 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The part that Brechin City were very vocal on the subject. 

I think you will find that the media were the ones who were vocal and making up all sorts of shit to discredit Brechin (and in particular the chairman with their personal attacks ) . By my understanding ,there was a request lodged by Brechin to the LL to be discussed by their  member clubs.   That this request was leaked to the media was no fault of Brechin City. 

Also your assumptions that Brechin will somehow jump ship to the lowland league is laughable.  The club is in the process of major reconstruction which includes plans to start recruiting more local players and have more local training facilities.  The Highland league has been a breath of fresh air and allowed the club to regroup and re-plan. The aim is to try and get back into the SPFL as quickly as possible. To take another jump into another unknown would just be ridiculous. Why on earth would they do that ? 

Instead of trawling through ridiculously biased, shit stirring   media bullshit,  try sourcing the real facts. 

Exactly, your board preferred to get relegated to the LL just like ours preferred to be able to get promoted to the LL. Neither happened and both clubs are now adapting their running of the club to the current situation. At Lochee United, all planning is now focused on trying to get into the Highland League and if that happens, to ultimately challenge in there to get promoted to the SFPL. We're now both dealing with the current situation and it wouldn't benefit either club to overhaul that all again. Personally, the fact that there is now promotion to the Highland league is very exciting and if we get promoted I'll for sure look forward to some cracking away days!

39 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Try learning some manners. I have sourced the real facts. The pyramid was looking like it was finally done and dusted, but your club's decision to lobby behind the scenes for the right to pick and choose which tier 5 league to play in has led to a rule change that may turn out to have wider ramifications in the years ahead than are obvious right now.

From what I can see your " facts " have come from 2 national media sources, one of which is clickbait. 

As I said try finding out the real facts.    😉

Edited by theoriginalhedge

23 minutes ago, Marten said:

Exactly, your board preferred to get relegated to the LL just like ours preferred to be able to get promoted to the LL. Neither happened and both clubs are now adapting their running of the club to the current situation.

The removal of the HL/LL boundary for Club 42 on it's own is quite toothless. As there would need to be something further like trying to shoehorn in the Midlands league into the EoSFL or under the LL. Which presents the same old arguments that it wouldn't get anywhere.

It's looking like the completion of the season and next for an Angus club to be Club 42 again. At which point there would be there would a couple of Aberdeen or Tayside teams in the league with the removal of Fort William and possibly another long trip. So a Forfar might actually prefer the Highland League.

It's why the SFA creating animosity with the LL seems so petty.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You have already described how it could be done in terms of the LL constitution in a recent post, so why are you wasting my time with this? We'll see what unfolds over the next few months and whether Brechin City in the LL is still part of the SFA board's agenda at this point. What any of us post on here won't make a blind bit of difference.

I was being flippant when I said it was an application league. Even if it was the two teams who paid for their spot aren't eligible for promotion.

Anyway, you are right let's leave it there as I had forgotten how the tedious the passing off of outrageous hypotheticals as some zinger nobody else has thought of is. 

59 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The removal of the HL/LL boundary for Club 42 on it's own is quite toothless. As there would need to be something further like trying to shoehorn in the Midlands league into the EoSFL or under the LL. Which presents the same old arguments that it wouldn't get anywhere.

It's looking like the completion of the season and next for an Angus club to be Club 42 again. At which point there would be there would a couple of Aberdeen or Tayside teams in the league with the removal of Fort William and possibly another long trip. So a Forfar might actually prefer the Highland League.

It's why the SFA creating animosity with the LL seems so petty.

Why an Angus club for club 42 ?  Farfar are chasing promotion again and Mo and the smokies are flying high in leagues above.   Cowden , Elgin and Stenny seem to be the strugglers just now. 

5 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Why an Angus club for club 42 ?  Farfar are chasing promotion again and Mo and the smokies are flying high in leagues above.   Cowden , Elgin and Stenny seem to be the strugglers just now. 

The completion of this season and next for an Angus club to be Club 42 again.

So Forfar stay in League Two and end next season as Club 42 or Brechin City win promotion this year and become next Club 42 next season. Since  it doesn't look like Montrose will get relegated this season.

Why Angus clubs mentioned because there's no way Elgin would choose to go to the LL or a Cowdenbeath or Stenny go to the HL.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The completion of this season and next for an Angus club to be Club 42 again.

So Forfar stay in League Two and end next season as Club 42 or Brechin City win promotion this year and become next Club 42 next season. Since  it doesn't look like Montrose will get relegated this season.

Why Angus clubs mentioned because there's no way Elgin would choose to go to the LL or a Cowdenbeath or Stenny go to the HL.

Sorry I didn't realise you were working on possibilities. ;)

Personally , I think the current boundaries are fine.  I have never been completely comfortable with our club's policies regarding signing players from the central belt and training down there and am a lot happier that is starting to change.   Arguably our most successful period was when we had scouts in Angus, Dundee,  Fife , Perth and Aberdeen . There were a few from the central belt but they  all trained in Brechin and were willing to travel. 

Hopefully those happy, successful  days will return very soon. 

On 06/11/2021 at 07:45, LongTimeLurker said:

...but do the people who run Brechin City feel a similar level of enthusiasm over the prospect of playing Lochee United in a league fixture when as recently as 2018 they were playing Dundee United in the Championship?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42481452

Hope that derby happens in the not too distant future but think there's a fair to middling chance that Brechin City will be in the LL next season courtesy of the boundary removal and will use the ability to do that as a way to still feel superior to Midlands League clubs who have to progress to the HL.

Also mental that Dundee United will have gone from playing Brechin City in the league to playing in Europe next season ;) 

So to sum up, it's unlikely any SPFL club outside Angus would opt to cross the former boundary, none of Arbroath, Montrose or Forfar appear to be in imminent danger of falling through the trap door, but the rule change has nothing to do with the club who only six months ago tried to arrogantly barge their way into the LL with SFA board help as they are now perfectly content with being a community orientated HL club despite hiring Craig Levein and Andy Kirk whose contacts are mainly at the SPFL level in the central belt. Aye right!

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So to sum up, it's unlikely any SPFL club outside Angus would opt to cross the former boundary, none of Arbroath, Montrose or Forfar appear to be in imminent danger of falling through the trap door, but the rule change has nothing to do with the club who only six months ago tried to arrogantly barge their way into the LL with SFA board help as they are now perfectly content with being a community orientated HL club despite hiring Craig Levein and Andy Kirk whose contacts are mainly at the SPFL level in the central belt. Aye right!

Again do some proper research . 

Very coincidental that you only mention Craig Levein and Andy Kirk after someone in the similar LL thread had brought up the subject. 

Do you honestly think that professional guys like these limit their contacts and their capabilities to one particular geographical area ? Jeezo! 

We have a Ukranian midfielder on loan from St Johnstone who Craig and our chairman were very instrumental in bringing to this country. We also have a striker from Dominica who's wife got a job in Aberdeen . We have 2 local Brechin lads playing , one of which is our top goal scorer. 

I'm sorry but our failed model of thinking the best players are all predominently in the central belt has thankfully gone. We have had to completely  change the whole ethos of the club and thankfully we have guys with positive vision and clear objectives. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I'm going to shock you and 90% agree.

I don't think there is ongoing lobbying I just think the SFA didn't like getting a surprise that they couldn't steamroller their preferred option and took the opportunity to put down a marker that they get their way eventually.

It's all very petty and I don't think in the foreseeable it has any practical implications 

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Also posted about by people from a couple of LL clubs so definitely appears to be legit.

I don't get the rational, why on earth would the SFA want to mess with the boundary when just about every club has come round to accepting it?

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get the rational, why on earth would the SFA want to mess with the boundary when just about every club has come round to accepting it?

Until an official statement is released from SPFL/SFA HL or LL or indeed all of them in unison then I remain very sceptical .