Which Clubs in the Highland League in Five Seasons' Time?

Dev

Now that the North Juniors, Midlands and North Caledonian clubs are in the mix to move up the leagues which ones will at Highland League level in five seasons' time i.e. after five more promotion/relegation opportunities?

The obvious one would be Banks O’Dee as they've got their licence. The likes of Lochee United, Broughty Athletic and Carnoustie Panmure from the Midlands and maybe Dyce from the North? Difficult to see a current North Caledonian side moving up. Are there any surprise clubs, e.g. Orkney or a potential Highlands & Islands University side, which could make it?

From the present Highland League the current bottom half look potentially vulnerable to relegation, over time. 

Which SPFL clubs are most likely to be "relocated" to the Highland League? Elgin City and Forfar Athletic are the only current candidates because they’re in SPFL2. Elgin’s performance against Clydebank last evening suggests that there isn’t a great difference between SPFL2 and the lower leagues at present.

The Highland League may not produce many candidates for promotion to the SPFL but maybe  Fraserburgh and Brechin stand out at present as having the ambition, but Brora don't seem, to me, to be so ambitious at present.

Up: Banks o' Dee and one of the Angus/Dundee ex-juniors.

Down: Elgin City perhaps. Unless Forfar, Cove, Peterhead or Montrose implode, that's it

Up to SPL: At the moment Fraserburgh look possible. If Brechin don't get back in the next 2 seasons they won't get back, imo

Lowland League is at the lowest standard it's gonna be for a number of years. If Fraserburgh don't go up this year I dunno if anyone North of the Tay would beat the Lowland team in the next five. Albeit over two legs all it takes is one shocker/belter of a performance to give you the upper hand. 

59 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They have moved around and will play games on the mainland during a season. Most games are played in Orkney though.

Yassss - chartered supporters' ferry from Aberdeen (St Clair style). :thumsup2

That or just the standard ferry, but where's the fun in that.

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Yassss - chartered supporters' ferry from Aberdeen (St Clair style). :thumsup2

That or just the standard ferry, but where's the fun in that.

Depends on what kind of refunds are available. When the weather's dodgy it's not just about playable conditions, it's whether the ferries are running.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The Highland League needs a strong Downfield imo.

Failing that, Orkney. How great would an Orkney away day be?

Downfield needs a stronger Downfield IMO

I appreciate your sarcasm but when you fail to beat Coupar Angus !!

Out of the current Highland League clubs, I think only Fraserburgh, Brechin, Buckie, Brora and maybe Inverurie Locos would stand a chance to beat the Lowland clubs to reach the SPFL. Banks O'Dee, Lochee United and Carnoustie Panmure out of the ex juniors I could see make the SPFL this decade.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The NCL will end up with a rake of SHFL clubs in it yet. 

Still, playing in a league where we don't have to go to Keith? I'm not seeing a massive downside here. 

In all seriousness, if Lossie get relegated would they go to the NCL?