St Mirren - Dundee, 30/10

18 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Highly doubt some rain and Celtic being at home will delay anyone too much. Its 2021 mate we're not travelling by horse and cart on shanty Roads FFS.

Thank you 

Hope you get to the game on time but I would not underestimate the COP road closures meaning other routes are mobbed. The monsoon weather earlier in the week brought Paisley to a standstill as bad flooding took place under almost all railway bridges. Coming in from the M8 should eliminate most of these routes however Murray St and the bottom of Greenhill Rd were flooded on Wed and heavy rain is forecast for later today. I'd either park around Caledonia Street area and walk 10 mins or take the Linwood junction and come in from the West which would avoid all flooding.

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Hope you don’t get delays. Obviously, as Ric said, I was making a joke, but in all seriousness, I’d build in an extra bit of travelling time from Dundee today if you can, ‘just in case’. I travelled from Cumbernauld to Hillington on Thursday, to get the car serviced, and the journey was an utter pain in the arse compared to what it normally is. I’m erring on the side of caution today and heading over a bit earlier.

Safe travels.

11 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Hope you get to the game on time but I would not underestimate the COP road closures meaning other routes are mobbed. The monsoon weather earlier in the week brought Paisley to a standstill as bad flooding took place under almost all railway bridges. Coming in from the M8 should eliminate most of these routes however Murray St and the bottom of Greenhill Rd were flooded on Wed and heavy rain is forecast for later today. I'd either park around Caledonia Street area and walk 10 mins or take the Linwood junction and come in from the West which would avoid all flooding.

What are you two jibbering on about. You must be doolally if you think i'd travel through to your soulless legoland tinpot arena for another James McPake masterpiece. 

Shove your traffic advice up your arse. f**k Greta Thunburg, f**k Motorway protestors and f**k Dundee FC.

Thank you.

My view on McPake is that if he has his strongest starting XI available, and he isn't forced into a tactical change during a game he's generally OK, other than shitting it by sitting on a lead with half an hour to go, but that's not a unique thing to him. 
The problems come if we have a couple of injuries, or he needs to change the dynamic of the game, or even make a proper fucking subbie. He's a mile out of his depth, and frankly bar a decent run towards the end of last season, the football was largely horrific. The other argument is that in getting us up, he did what was required. My take on this season was that he'd earned the first 11 games at least. However despite a couple of reasonable performances, the table doesn't lie, and we're shite. The only shiter team than us in said table just won 5-0 at Dens. Any other club would be binning him. 
As long as we retain him as manager, the other teams around us can quite safely plan for a play-off spot at worst. 
My view on mcpake is that he is a useless twat.

20 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What are you two jibbering on about. You must be doolally if you think i'd travel through to your soulless legoland tinpot arena for another James McPake masterpiece. 

Shove your traffic advice up your arse. f**k Greta Thunburg, f**k Motorway protestors and f**k Dundee FC.

Thank you.

Have a nice weekend.

Thank you.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Ric said:

In fact it must rip Dundee fans' knitting seeing an equally novice manager, do extremely well across the road. Courts might come across as a fanny at times, although to be fair I think "red-shirt-gate" raised a lot of people's opinion of him, it's clear he can motivate what isn't the best team on paper into winning games.

Some maybe, to any Dundee fan of my age it's not in the slightest bit surprising. 

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Took us about an hour and a half on a bus. 

Mon eh Dee

There's so much wrong with that line-up that it'll be an absolute fluke if it works and I can't see it doing so.

It highlights just how much McPake doesn't have a clue about what went wrong on Wednesday night.