St Mirren - Dundee, 30/10

This was a very strange game only to grab snippets of. I was doing stuff and only caught 5 minutes here and there. Every single time I sat down we were dominating, Dundee looked hopeless, yet the second time I drop in we're one goal down, yet still dominating the game. That pattern continued pretty much for the next hour with me watching the game for all of about 20 minutes in separate bits. Each time the same, each time we looked completely dominant, Dundee looking awful.

Yet the scoreline remains the same, with both sets of fans claiming we were awful.

Very odd.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

This was a very strange game only to grab snippets of. I was doing stuff and only caught 5 minutes here and there. Every single time I sat down we were dominating, Dundee looked hopeless, yet the second time I drop in we're one goal down, yet still dominating the game. That pattern continued pretty much for the next hour with me watching the game for all of about 20 minutes in separate bits. Each time the same, each time we looked completely dominant, Dundee looking awful.

Yet the scoreline remains the same, with both sets of fans claiming we were awful.

Very odd.

We were dominating what though?

McMullan was constantly causing us problems. The Dundee midfield were first to absolutely everything.

Other than possession stats, I’m not really sure what we dominated.

Well done to John Beaton in managing to piss off and dumbfound both sets of fans in equal measure yesterday  👏👏👏 

Probably his worst bit yesterday was when Oor Charlie lost possession on the halfway line, dived and grabbed the ball with both hands then feigned a headknock to try and prevent a booking only to get the freekick decision in his favour 😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Well done to John Beaton in managing to piss off and dumbfound both sets of fans in equal measure yesterday  👏👏👏 

Probably his worst bit yesterday was when Oor Charlie lost possession on the halfway line, dived and grabbed the ball with both hands then feigned a headknock to try and prevent a booking only to get the freekick decision in his favour 😂😂😂

Very clever of him, used his experience.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We were dominating what though?

McMullan was constantly causing us problems. The Dundee midfield were first to absolutely everything.

Other than possession stats, I’m not really sure what we dominated.

As I say, it was a very odd game to drop in and out of, every time I sat and caught a couple of minutes we were all over them.

41 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Very clever of him, used his experience.

It was. If it was St Mirren near the bottom of the league, coming off a 5-0 pumping, then going to a tricky away fixture against an opponent on a decent run, I’d hope Alan Power would have pulled the same stunt in the same situation. I have zero issue with Charlie Adam, my issue is with Beaton for falling for it. Fair play to Charlie Adam. In fact, I have no issue with any of Dundee’s ex-Saints. Certainly, Adam, McGowan and Mullen all did some great and memorable things in the stripes. McMullan not in their bracket, but no issue with him.

Dundee simply deserved to win that game. End of.

Was not in the least bit surprised Dundee would get a result. Get the goal and sit deep so well done to Dundee. As for Saints they were just not up for it which is strange given our recent performances.  Jim Goodwin also got his selection all wrong Tanser is clearly has a injury.  He could have been first to the ball for Dundee's goal but just stood and watched.  To be honest you could go through the whole team. A bad day at the office. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Yeah, that was a laugh. I was going to mention that one on here as well but didn't have the energy. Also didn't want it to look like I was blaming Beaton for the loss in any way. 

1 hour ago, Ric said:

As I say, it was a very odd game to drop in and out of, every time I sat and caught a couple of minutes we were all over them.

Sometimes - very rarely - I watch us play teams and it's not stressful because I don't actually feel like the opposition will score. Dundee fans must have felt like that yesterday. For all that possession we were creating absolutely nothing of note. 

Also - and both McAllister and Ronan were guilty of this - but we had players bursting forward with the ball, carrying it 20/30 yards, but instead of looking to play a killer ball or pick out Brophy, we just opted for a shite shot instead. It was a fairly brainless performance from start to finish, tbh.

50 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Also - and both McAllister and Ronan were guilty of this - but we had players bursting forward with the ball, carrying it 20/30 yards, but instead of looking to play a killer ball or pick out Brophy, we just opted for a shite shot instead. It was a fairly brainless performance from start to finish, tbh.

The fabulous cut inside and kick the ball off the 2 defenders within a yard and it rebounds out to a Dundee player to launch an attack.

In reality, we need to offload McAllister, Flynn, Erwin, Finlayson and maybe even Dennis as they are not cutting it.

Can't remember tears as salty and delicious as these for some time.
Even worse than the diets last week [emoji23]
Yeah, that was a laugh. I was going to mention that one on here as well but didn't have the energy. Also didn't want it to look like I was blaming Beaton for the loss in any way. 

Beaton was probably just not giving a shite because he wasn't getting to referee Sevco this weekend imo.

13 hours ago, BC17 said:
20 hours ago, Dagdagh said:
On that performance we definitely are the worst team Dundee have faced this season.
The weird thing is Dundee are the worst team I've seen (apart from us today).
We were absolutely honking today.  Fifteen minutes in and it was clear that Tanser wasn't fit.  Ronan wasn't at it with a lot of wayward passes, the defence looked shakier than ever (even Alwick had a couple of mistakes that he never normally makes) and Main didn't seem to do anything.  Power and Flynn didn't work.  Power needs a young fit guy beside him to do the running while he holds the centre.
The amount of times Dundee cut us open and didn't score would worry me if I was a Dundee fan.  We should have lost that at least 3-0.
Two upsides are that we can't play any worse (I hope) than that and that McPake will hopefully still be in place for the rest of the season.
Even though Adam is a cheating (which means clever in Dundee - who knew?) moaning git I still love him for the goals he scored for us when we had him on loan from Rangers in the 2005/6 season when we won the championship.  He was arguably our best player that season. 

A young, fit guy beside Power such as, I don't know, a Cammy Macpherson type?

Nah, someone actually good at football instead

Two observations from yesterday

Guy in the Dundee end who’d came back from the 80’s rocking a blue/ yellow shell suit, probably had his ticket stub from the home game v Hearts in 1986 in the pocket  

Charlie Adam, please bring your clippers to training and give Gowser a reality haircut