St Mirren - Dundee, 30/10

On that performance we definitely are the worst team Dundee have faced this season.

The weird thing is Dundee are the worst team I've seen (apart from us today).

We were absolutely honking today.  Fifteen minutes in and it was clear that Tanser wasn't fit.  Ronan wasn't at it with a lot of wayward passes, the defence looked shakier than ever (even Alwick had a couple of mistakes that he never normally makes) and Main didn't seem to do anything.  Power and Flynn didn't work.  Power needs a young fit guy beside him to do the running while he holds the centre.

The amount of times Dundee cut us open and didn't score would worry me if I was a Dundee fan.  We should have lost that at least 3-0.

Two upsides are that we can't play any worse (I hope) than that and that McPake will hopefully still be in place for the rest of the season.

Even though Adam is a cheating (which means clever in Dundee - who knew?) moaning git I still love him for the goals he scored for us when we had him on loan from Rangers in the 2005/6 season when we won the championship.  He was arguably our best player that season. 

Edited by Dagdagh

13 minutes ago, Munoz said:

A supporter near me turned round and asked Lee Mair in the tv gantry if it was - he suggested it probably wasn't. 

He was saying it was pretty much a stonewaller on St Mirren TV. His slow climb down to 'I dunno but I think I'd have given it' was Limmy-esque in the don't back down, double down stakes..

Well done Dundee, too good for a piss-poor St Mirren today. Understandably Dundee were right up for it today after their midweek mauling. St Mirren never matched Dundee's pressing or their intensity. Hard to believe how easy our lot made it for Charlie Adam to rule the midfield. 

Oh well, something much better required at Perth next week, or a long hard winter and a relegation dogfight awaits.

On that performance we definitely are the worst team Dundee have faced this season.
We were absolutely honking today.  Fifteen minutes in and it was clear that Tanser wasn't fit.  Ronan wasn't at it with a lot of wayward passes, the defence looked shakier than ever (even Alwick had a couple of mistakes that he never normally makes) and Main didn't seem to do anything.  Power and Flynn didn't work.  Power needs a young fit guy beside him to do the running while he holds the centre.
The amount of times Dundee cut us open and didn't score would worry me if I was a Dundee fan.  We should have lost that at least 3-0.
Two upsides are that we can't play any worse (I hope) than that and that McPake will hopefully still be in place for the rest of the season.
Even though Adam is a cheating (which means clever in Dundee - who knew?) moaning git I still love him for the goals he scored for us when we had him on loan from Rangers in the 2005/6 season when we won the championship.  He was arguably our best player that season. 

A young, fit guy beside Power such as, I don't know, a Cammy Macpherson type?

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Can't recall the last time we totally dominated the possession against a top flight team like this from start to finish. Not even when we beat Dundee Utd 5-1.

When a team scores early and then parks the bus for 80 minutes it's aleways going to be a frustrating afternoon.

Can't remember a worse top flight team than Dundee in all my years watching football.

Ach well.

What an insufferable old windbag you are.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Can't recall the last time we totally dominated the possession against a top flight team like this from start to finish. Not even when we beat Dundee Utd 5-1.

When a team scores early and then parks the bus for 80 minutes it's aleways going to be a frustrating afternoon.

Can't remember a worse top flight team than Dundee in all my years watching football.

Ach well.

Can't remember tears as salty and delicious as these for some time.

Without even taking the two penalty claims into consideration, it’s unbelievable how bad a referee John Beaton is. It’s the inconsistencies in his decisions that are the most baffling. A defender with a clear hold of an attackers shirt isn’t penalised at one end, but a couple of minutes later it’s penalised at the other end. There’s numerous examples of similar situations and it’s evident that both sets of fans feel aggrieved by him after the game. 

Did anyone notice in the first half when the ball went out of play near the dugout, the main stand linesman flagged for a throw in in the direction of Dundee. Shaugnessy grabbed the ball and took the throw in and Beaton allowed play to continue without making any sort of indication himself that it was a St Mirren throw. Charlie Adam was spewing about it and a couple of minutes later the camera caught him  at Beaton letting him know about it. Things like that are just incompetence, very basic refereeing. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Without even taking the two penalty claims into consideration, it’s unbelievable how bad a referee John Beaton is. It’s the inconsistencies in his decisions that are the most baffling. A defender with a clear hold of an attackers shirt isn’t penalised at one end, but a couple of minutes later it’s penalised at the other end. There’s numerous examples of similar situations and it’s evident that both sets of fans feel aggrieved by him after the game. 

Did anyone notice in the first half when the ball went out of play near the dugout, the main stand linesman flagged for a throw in in the direction of Dundee. Shaugnessy grabbed the ball and took the throw in and Beaton allowed play to continue without making any sort of indication himself that it was a St Mirren throw. Charlie Adam was spewing about it and a couple of minutes later the camera caught him  at Beaton letting him know about it. Things like that are just incompetence, very basic refereeing. 

I enjoyed him telling the Dundee keeper to stop wasting time in the first half, then adding on 0 seconds of stoppage. 

7 hours ago, BC17 said:
14 hours ago, Dagdagh said:

A young, fit guy beside Power such as, I don't know, a Cammy Macpherson type?

Still can't get my head round letting him go on loan to St Johnstone.  

It rips my knitting when Goodwin bangs on about possession stats after a defeat.

He talks like it actually means something.

Yesterday reminded me of Danny Lennon’s time with is. About 65% possession, all of it among our defence and goalie just popping it about and going nowhere with it.

51 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It rips my knitting when Goodwin bangs on about possession stats after a defeat.

He talks like it actually means something.

Yesterday reminded me of Danny Lennon’s time with is. About 65% possession, all of it among our defence and goalie just popping it about and going nowhere with it.

Exactly. We can have the ball all day but if you don't stick it in the net its pointless