St Mirren - Dundee, 30/10

My prediction is that this will be a cracking game. There's been 22 goals in our last six games; 17 in Dundee's last six. BTTS seems like an absolute banker (I know Dundee went five without scoring but seem to have put that behind them). 

Injuries mean it's harder to predict our starting XI, even though our usual full strength side is nailed on now. I do think Main will make way again, and I'd go McAllister or Kiltie in the McGrath role next to Ronan. 

I just hope our defence can handle Dundee's flare player. 👀

Meant to be out and about tomorrow morning but desperately hoping I can get back home to watch this.

Edited by Coventry Saint

59 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Griffiths loves a goal against us but in the past he’s had decent delivery

Aye, Hearts fans (of course) were wondering about Griffiths' scoring record against them, and while looking it up noted this:

On 18/10/2021 at 20:35, topcat(The most tip top) said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leigh-griffiths/bilanz/spieler/45611

If anybody has a reason to be especially nervous about him it's St Mirren against whom he's got 14 from 14

At this point I think Cummings is genuinely our best striker, but I'm absolutely hoping his talent for getting goals in Paisley continues tomorrow.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 28/10/2021 at 18:43, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 27/10/2021 at 23:05, RossBFaeDundee said:
Well it's John Beaton for this one, so maybe we can get 6 or 7 of the dodgiest penalties ever and snatch a draw.

Just tell him we're Sevco.

Just playing in Blue will help.

Sensational performance today. Saints 0, Dundee 3. 
In which alternate reality is this?

Just don't see where that's coming from.

We can't score because we have no-one with legs in midfield.

We will concede because we have a entire back 4 that switches off at least 3-4 times every game.

Cop26 shite, pishing rain and Celtic at home at 3pm. Travelling Dundee fans should seriously think about driving to Aberdeen, catch a flight to Amsterdam, fly direct into Paisley International, and walk to the SMiSA Dinkydome. It’ll be quicker.

Sort of annoying Dundee were utterly humiliated midweek, would have preferred it to be today, McPake's looked out of his depth for seasons now and, barring a minor redemption in the Championship, looks even more adrift now. It really was only a matter of time and it really doesn't look like he has the ability to figure out why what is happening on the pitch let alone formulate a strategy to address it. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he'll take them down. That said, the players, of whom it has to be said there are some talented footballers at the club, will be determined that shambles against County doesn't happen again.

For me this is all about breaking Dundee early. If we can have a fast start and perhaps a couple of goals before the half hour mark, I'd like to think we can go on to shut that game out. However, allowing them to either remain on level terms (or, imagine the riddy, actually score!) then I can see this finishing as a low scoring draw after a scrappy game. A result McPake would herald as a new dawn.

I'd imagine for Goodwin this is one of the more difficult games to work on strategy. Will McPake repeat the same mistakes he makes time after time, or does he expect him to throw everything out and go with a different approach.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Cop26 shite, pishing rain and Celtic at home at 3pm. Travelling Dundee fans should seriously think about driving to Aberdeen, catch a flight to Amsterdam, fly direct into Paisley International, and walk to the SMiSA Dinkydome. It’ll be quicker.

<_<

I know it's a joke, but yeah...

Just now, Ric said:

Sort of annoying Dundee were utterly humiliated midweek, would have preferred it to be today, McPake's looked out of his depth for seasons now and, barring a minor redemption in the Championship, looks even more adrift now. It really was only a matter of time and it really doesn't look like he has the ability to figure out why what is happening on the pitch let alone formulate a strategy to address it. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he'll take them down. That said, the players, of whom it has to be said there are some talented footballers at the club, will be determined that shambles against County doesn't happen again.

For me this is all about breaking Dundee early. If we can have a fast start and perhaps a couple of goals before the half hour mark, I'd like to think we can go on to shut that game out. However, allowing them to either remain on level terms (or, imagine the riddy, actually score!) then I can see this finishing as a low scoring draw after a scrappy game. A result McPake would herald as a new dawn.

I'd imagine for Goodwin this is one of the more difficult games to work on strategy. Will McPake repeat the same mistakes he makes time after time, or does he expect him to throw everything out and go with a different approach.

An absolute given. 

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Highly doubt some rain and Celtic being at home will delay anyone too much. Its 2021 mate we're not travelling by horse and cart on shanty Roads FFS.

Thank you 

15 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

An absolute given. 

Which is what amazes me. I've never met McPake, I have no idea what his understanding of the game is like, but when he was first appointed he made some rudimentary mistakes which you'd expect with rookie managers. Fast forward a year or two and it seems he's making the same mistakes. You'd think Strachan would have helped him out, but he was too interested in taking a job up with Celtic.

I'm not complaining, of course. As it is, I'd say every other manager would get more out of Dundee than McPake does, even the racist c**t in the North.

Edit: In fact it must rip Dundee fans' knitting seeing an equally novice manager, do extremely well across the road. Courts might come across as a fanny at times, although to be fair I think "red-shirt-gate" raised a lot of people's opinion of him, it's clear he can motivate what isn't the best team on paper into winning games.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Highly doubt some rain and Celtic being at home will delay anyone too much. Its 2021 mate we're not travelling by horse and cart on shanty Roads FFS.

Thank you 

Hope you don’t get delays. Obviously, as Ric said, I was making a joke, but in all seriousness, I’d build in an extra bit of travelling time from Dundee today if you can, ‘just in case’. I travelled from Cumbernauld to Hillington on Thursday, to get the car serviced, and the journey was an utter pain in the arse compared to what it normally is. I’m erring on the side of caution today and heading over a bit earlier.

Safe travels.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Which is what amazes me. I've never met McPake, I have no idea what his understanding of the game is like, but when he was first appointed he made some rudimentary mistakes which you'd expect with rookie managers. Fast forward a year or two and it seems he's making the same mistakes. You'd think Strachan would have helped him out, but he was too interested in taking a job up with Celtic.

I'm not complaining, of course. As it is, I'd say every other manager would get more out of Dundee than McPake does, even the racist c**t in the North.

My view on McPake is that if he has his strongest starting XI available, and he isn't forced into a tactical change during a game he's generally OK, other than shitting it by sitting on a lead with half an hour to go, but that's not a unique thing to him. 

The problems come if we have a couple of injuries, or he needs to change the dynamic of the game, or even make a proper fucking subbie. He's a mile out of his depth, and frankly bar a decent run towards the end of last season, the football was largely horrific. The other argument is that in getting us up, he did what was required. My take on this season was that he'd earned the first 11 games at least. However despite a couple of reasonable performances, the table doesn't lie, and we're shite. The only shiter team than us in said table just won 5-0 at Dens. Any other club would be binning him. 

As long as we retain him as manager, the other teams around us can quite safely plan for a play-off spot at worst.