St Mirren - Dundee, 30/10

5 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Dundee remain the worst team we’ve played this season. 
Saints win. 

In all seriousness, I think St Mirren were the worst team we've played this season too. Maybe Motherwell, who were woeful at Dens too.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In all seriousness, I think St Mirren were the worst team we've played this season too. Maybe Motherwell, who were woeful at Dens too.

Probably true. We were pretty awful at the start of the season when we persisted with a 3-5-2 that was just shoehorning players in.

We've since found our groove a wee bit since Ronan and Miller came on board and we sort of flit between a 3-6-1 and a variant of that 3-5-2 and it seems to work for us.

8 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Dundee remain the worst team we’ve played this season. 
Saints win. 

Probably true however it’s funny when people say things like this yet you still couldn’t beat us when we played the last 30 minutes with 10 men.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Probably true. We were pretty awful at the start of the season when we persisted with a 3-5-2 that was just shoehorning players in.

We've since found our groove a wee bit since Ronan and Miller came on board and we sort of flit between a 3-6-1 and a variant of that 3-5-2 and it seems to work for us.

The thing is, Goodwin has obviously learned from his mistakes and changed the formation accordingly. Like a good manager should. 

Whereas McPake changes the team for no reason and has no Plan B. 

Perhaps McPake should study tactics and formations rather than getting 3 haircuts a week!?

Thank you. 

The thing is, Goodwin has obviously learned from his mistakes and changed the formation accordingly. Like a good manager should. 
Perhaps McPake should study tactics and formations rather than getting 3 haircuts a week!?
Thank you. 
I was highly critical of Goodwin at the start of the season as we had adopted a hoof ball tactic. The midfield was missed out and the football was dire.

However he reverted to playing through a midfield again with a lot of pressing and passing. We are a very different team now to the one that started out. Our finishing could be better but we play some very good football now even if it's frustrating we don't always get the points our play deserves.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake does learn to be fair to him. He gets a new idea and adapts on a 6 monthly basis,

True. It's more the complete schizophrenic nature of the team which is worrying. 

One week solid and the next, a complete disaster making amateur mistakes. 

We should be winning this, they got promoted with championship jobbers and the team is still full of them.

Fully expected County to beat them lastnight as County were decent against us and have some good players, was only a matter of time before they got that win.

Hopefully a player or 2 back from injury too.

3-1

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Thank you. 

There is a Plan B, keep throwing on strikers.

24 minutes ago, McG said:

We should be winning this, they got promoted with championship jobbers and the team is still full of them.

Fully expected County to beat them lastnight as County were decent against us and have some good players, was only a matter of time before they got that win.

Hopefully a player or 2 back from injury too.

3-1

Doubt McGrath nor Erhahon will be fit for Saturday. And although Tanser started last night he was struggling badly with 20 mins to go and he had just passed a late fitness test to start the game. Flynn was excellent last night as was McAllister so I would be happy enough to start both again on Saturday although lack of recent game time may influence that. Good to see Kiltie back fit as he looked ok in the short time he was on.

8 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Doubt McGrath nor Erhahon will be fit for Saturday. And although Tanser started last night he was struggling badly with 20 mins to go and he had just passed a late fitness test to start the game. Flynn was excellent last night as was McAllister so I would be happy enough to start both again on Saturday although lack of recent game time may influence that. Good to see Kiltie back fit as he looked ok in the short time he was on.

Kiltie looked decent lastnight, should of scored that free header at the end but headed it straight at the keeper, if he was playing with confidence that would of hit the back of the net but it will come, the team shape, organisation and team spirit looks as good as I’ve seen it for years to be honest.

I'd love to win this but I have a feeling it'll end up a draw.

Tell you what though, having Beaton as a referee is ridiculous, the man simply can't be trusted to provide a fair reading of what is happening on the pitch. It's an absolute toss up on which side he'll f**k over the worst.

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

I'll never forget Beaton's performance in the playoff via Dundee United. As ridiculously one sided as it comes. 

Same here. I know that when you win you're meant to be all magnanimous and forget about the shite decisions, but I am still fairly raging about that performance from him. What a c**t.

Happy to take a scrappy one nil here but then i always am. 

If we can get our play going early then it should make for a decent scoreline. Would be good if Kiltie could come good his old Killie team mate should have a word in his ear. Brophy looks class.