Cove Rangers v Queens

Greenacres

18 hours ago, Broony88 said:

The corner was retaken because the linesman was barely halfway down the touch line (no fourth official so he was on sub duty too) when we took the first one, the referee was terrible on the day as I’m positive he gave our first goal. 

He didn’t. You can see the assistant running up the line before the ref signals for the goal. The assistant gave it. 

I saw a replay of our first goal from Saturday in the half-time highlights package during the Brechin-Darvel game last night, the first time I've seen it since Saturday. I don't know if the BBC used the stream footage or had another camera there but it looked a better quality picture and it looked to me like the ball was just over the line before the keeper scooped it out. I'm saying the goal shout was correct. 

16 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I saw a replay of our first goal from Saturday in the half-time highlights package during the Brechin-Darvel game last night, the first time I've seen it since Saturday. I don't know if the BBC used the stream footage or had another camera there but it looked a better quality picture and it looked to me like the ball was just over the line before the keeper scooped it out. I'm saying the goal shout was correct. 

The SFA had a proper camera there (not the BBC but they used the footage from it) as they do at all Scottish Cup ties not covered live. Highlights can be found on the Scottish Cup twitter account Cove Rangers v QoS

I think it's fairly clear the keeper drags the ball back from having originally fumbled it. I doubt the whole ball actually crosses the line but suspect a fair amount of it does.

On 29/11/2021 at 13:18, lionel wickson said:

Sounds like another Scott Lambie masterclass.

He was pretty terrible, first time we have had the pleasure, or certainly I have had the pleasure. I lost count of how many times he made players backtrack a pace or two when trying to steal a yard with throw ins. Gets a tiny bit tedious after a while when it matters very little unless the player is taking the piss.

After seeing the red card again I’m actually convinced the ref has had a mare. Last season we had a hearts player wipe out our winger much higher than that and got yellow. We also had Andy Graham perform a wrestling move on our striker making his way towards goal granted it was around the halfway line and again only punished with a yellow. Yes it was a cynical foul and it doesn’t have any place in the game but Nditis was just a take one for the team trip albeit he slid in to do it. 

We will no doubt see more of him next season in the seaside league.

Edited by Broony88

9 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

He was pretty terrible, first time we have had the pleasure, or certainly I have had the pleasure.

He did our 3-2 win at Morton earlier in the season. He also did the pre-season friendly at East Fife.

And he'll be here on Tuesday for the Cove replay obviously.

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He did our 3-2 win at Morton earlier in the season. He also did the pre-season friendly at East Fife.

And he'll be here on Tuesday for the Cove replay obviously.

I was at the Morton game,  he did manage to miss Alan Lithgow headering Sols arm for their second goal. Delighted to hear he is doing the replay. 

Edited by Broony88

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

I was at the Morton game,  he did manage to miss Alan Lithgow headering Sols arm for their second goal. Delighted to hear he is doing the replay. 

That's SFA policy for Scottish Cup replays. The original referee team get the replay too unless unavailable.

The highlights made it look like an exciting game, what were the other 85 minutes like?

Couldn’t tell re the first Queens goal. The sending off looked harsh, I suspect it was because he leapt in to trip him up. If only he’d done the ‘professional’ foul a bit more professionally….